Travel Blog | Teen Ink

Travel Blog

By Fashionista828 PLATINUM, Vienna, Virginia
Fashionista828 PLATINUM, Vienna, Virginia

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love dosn't end. <3
"I am a great housekeeper: Every time I lose a man I get his house!!" ~Zsa Zsa Gabor

Day 1 in Umuofia, Nigeria

I arrived from Virginia late last night into Abuja airport. All I brought was a camping backpack. It is very large and can hold a large amount of things. I only brought four sets of clothes, because I wanted to make room for souvenirs that I would purchase at the places I would go. The only shoes I brought were a pair of hiking boots. I was prepared for all the elements I would face.

I slept in a hotel in the city and the next morning I hired a taxi to take me to the closest Igbo village. He took me to an area called Umuofia. I could not tell if the man told me this was a village or a group of villages. I found out later that is was a group of nine villages. The taxi driver took me as close as he could because of a low gas tank. I could see the small village on the horizon. I paid the man and set off.

I had to take out my baseball cap because the sun was blazing on my face. The ground was a terra cotta color and very powdery. I suspected that it had not rained in many days. As I came closer I saw red houses that where a shade darker than the ground. They were tall with reed roofs. In most of the compounds there seemed to be: one large home, three or four smaller homes that were connected, and a barn which seemed to hold animals. As I passed the homes I saw people staring at me. I guessed that not many tourists came into their village.

There were fields behind and around every compound. I realized that these people did not only take care of animals, but also crops. I had read an article back in Virginia about how these people only grew yams. The article was right; all the crops looked the same. I saw that many families had put up reed umbrellas, to shield the crops from the scorching sun.

Many of the people were barely clothed. The children ran around completely in the nude! The women left the breasts uncovered but the tended to wear colorful fabrics around the waists. They also had beads hanging around their waists. The men only had loin cloths except for the older men who wore the closest to actual clothing.

After a fifteen minute walk from where the taxi driver left me, I reached what seemed to be the center of the town. There was a market place that took up a large amount of space. There were many people bustling about, selling a various amount of items. I also noticed that I was the only tourist here. I saw no white people since I had gotten out of the city, and even there I did not see many white people.

As I walked through the market place, the villagers would give glances but then go back to what they were doing. I browsed the stalls but found mostly food. I was looking for something that was only a souvenir and I could only use it as such. But even more importantly I was looking for a place to sleep that night because I doubted that a taxi driver could be called from here.

I finally passed through the market place and Hallelujah! I found a church. There was a man standing in front of it and I realized that it was Sunday. I walked up to the man and his face lit up when he saw me. He told me that his name was Mr. Brown. I had to hold my laughter at the irony of the name. He then welcomed me to the church and asked why a white person was doing around here. His voice was so caring and I welcome his hospitality. I told him that I just wanted to go somewhere where practically no one goes and I picked Nigeria. He was glad that I had picked here because I would truly learn to love it here. I then asked him if there was anywhere here to stay. He told me that there was no hotel or any room left in the church. But he offered to ask one of his Christian-Igbo native families if I could stay the night. I thanked him and went into the church.

The mass was like any other except that it was in their native language and they did not sing any songs. Afterwards, I met up with Mr. Brown. He took me outside the church where we met up with a large family. There was one man, three older women, and many children. Some teenagers were part of the group, and I could tell because they also wore clothes unlike their younger siblings. Mr. Brown introduced me to the man whose name was James. I was absolutely positive that his mother named him that name. He must have changed it when he converted.

James actually had four wives, but his first wife was visiting her sick father in a village nearby and would be gone for a couple days. James spoke enough English for me to understand, but his wives spoke only words. The youngest wife said welcome in English and their language, called Igbo. Each wife took care of only their own children. The first wife had six children (which she took them all with her), the second had three, the third had five and was expecting, and the fourth had two but was expecting twins. James was going to have nineteen children! I couldn’t believe it. But this man also had three titles, which meant that he was very highly ranked inside the villages. He is one of the richest men in all of Umuofia.

The rest of the night was simple. I went back to his large compound and went into his obi, or the man of the house’s private room and also a meeting room for guests. There one child from each of his wives brought us a different meal. So we had three completely different meals in one sitting! We also drank a lot of palm-oil, which is one of the only things that they drink here. Then the oldest of the second wife’s children showed me to the first wife’s room. Since the first wife would be gone until the next afternoon I was allowed to sleep there for the night.

It was much like all the other houses that I saw in the village. It had red mud walls and a thatched roof. This room was extremely large because of the amount of children the first wife had. There were many beds, which simply looked like a straw mat. There was also a place to cook food, very near the door. I put down my bag and realized that it was extremely cool at night. I pulled out a blanket which was much to thin. I had to put on my only pair of jeans to go to bed because it was so cold.

Day 2 in Umuofia, Nigeria

Today a child knocked on the hut this morning and pointed to James’ obi. I supposed that I was being fetched. I quickly took off my jeans because by then, it was hotter than the day before. As I walked the short walk to the obi, I saw all the children playing some sort of game with a ball. It surprised me on how nice they were to each other even though they were from different mothers.

Inside the obi were James and Mr. Brown. James’ three wives, who I had yet to learn their names, were serving some kind of nut and palm-oil to them. Mr. Brown welcomed me and gave me a kola nut, which is always given when visitors arrived. James told me that there was going to celebrate the annual New Yam festival. The yams had been harvested the days prior and the festivities were going to begin tonight. But there were a lot of preparations to do before.

James sent me into his second wife’s room so I could help her cook. Her oldest daughter could speak some English and she helped me communicate with her mother. The only things we used were made of last years yams. We made a sort of yam pottage which is a very common food around this area.

When we were done cooking Mr. Brown took me back to the church to fill me in on some things. The first person to eat was the oldest member of the tribe. Then they proceeded with dancing and eating all the old yams. But he warned me, that since the Monasteries had come, there was a split in the tribe. The Igbo-Christians did not sacrifice to their old gods like the others did. This made the rest of the Igbo people nervous. They thought that the Gods would notice that only half of the people were sacrificing to them and then the gods would punish them. So at the last New Yam Festival, they spilt. Now, there were technically two New Yam festivals. The only one I was able to attend was the Christian one. Mr. Brown told me that I would be missing out on some of the more traditional things, like the sacrifice. I told him that I didn’t mind.

As we walked back to the village I could hear instruments and singing. In the distance I could also hear a loud drum. I assumed that it was from the other side of the village. Then we came upon many men in tall masks. They were brown with colorful designs and reeds poking out from the back to look like a lion’s mane.

I sat down with Mr. Brown and watched as these women came out in short skirts and danced. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. It was obviously an African dance, but it almost looked like American dance in some ways. They were dancing to the beat of a drum and were so graceful. When the girls were done, the men in masks did another dance. The masks were so big; I was surprised how they were able to keep their balance. But, like the women, they were graceful with their feet and never faltered.

Then we began to eat. Every woman came in a line with the dish they made and put it in front of the elders. Then the daughter of James’ second wife came up to me and grabbed my hand. She led me to the middle of the line. There was the second wife with the meal I helped to make. The girl told me that since I helped her make it, that I must go with her to give it to the elders. I was shocked that I had to do so, but excited at the same time. If I had gone to the normal festival, I would have been shunned and not able to do the things that I could do here. I thanked God that I had met Mr. Brown, or this vacation would have been so much different.

I held half of the large pot with the second wife and waited our turn. When we finally came up we put down the bowl in front of the elder, who tasted it and said something. I didn’t understand but he looked at me and gave me a thumbs-up. I couldn’t believe it! And elder of the village who should have followed his normal traditions and customs, gave me a thumbs-up, which was such a western and modern gesture! I couldn’t help but laugh with Mr. Brown when I sat back down. He told me that the elder spoke no English but the thumbs-up was the only western sign that he showed, besides the sign of the cross.

We ate all the delicious yam foods. Almost all of them tasted the same. After a while we heard the festival starting over on the other side of the village. The sun had just set as their festival started and ours was coming to a close. We all moved closer to the church for one final prayer to God. It was a very long prayer but Mr. Brown told me later that the only thing they said was to give them good yams next year. Then we all left to go to bed. When I reached James’ compound I saw only one light on. But when I looked behind me, I saw the whole family. I wondered where the light was coming from.

As I got closer I realized that is was coming from the first wife’s room, otherwise known as my room. I ran to James’ and told him that his first wife was back. He told me that I would have to sleep in the same room until I left. He then brought me to her room. All the six children were there going through my bag. I ran in a grabbed it from them. They all were very young and stared at me with their big eyes. James and his wife stared talking softly and I hoped that I wasn’t intruding their private space.

The children began to touch my face and my hands. I guessed that many of them hadn’t been this close to a white person. Then a young girl came and sat on my lap. She said one word. I didn’t understand, so I looked at James. He was smiling and said that she said ‘Story’. He told me that they understood a little English but his wife could translate for them. I thought of which story I could tell them. He sat down in the corner and I began to tell them the story of Cinderella, because most of them were girls.

As I told the story and the first wife translated, the children swarmed and listened very intently. Their faces seemed like they loved to hear my voice. At the sad parts their smiles would droop, and at the happy parts they would show me all of their teeth. Sometimes, a child from another one of the wives would come and sit down. Eventually, the entire family was in the one hut listening to my story. When I finished the children clapped and said one phrase over and over. James said that they were asking for another. I laughed and told them that I would tell them one more, but then they must go to bed. I thought very carefully of the next story. I finally decided on Aladdin.

I finally realized that a couple hours had gone by since I started telling Cinderella. Most of the younger children had fallen asleep. Each mother would pick up their child and take them to their bed when each one fell asleep. By the end of it, the only ones left were James, the mothers, and about five of the older children. But the one I remember the most was the little girl who asked for me to tell a story. She was awake the whole time and her eyes never wavered off me.

The story was done and the children all said thank you and went to bed. James thanked me, also and I felt very proud that I had done that. It seemed almost like I was repaying him for staying in his home and eating his food. Then I finally got to my bed and fell asleep as soon as I reached the mat.

Day 3 in Umuofia, Nigeria

I woke up very early this morning and took a little stroll through the village. All the homes were much alike and very close together. I did notice a change when I reached the far side of the village. There were signs of a lot of partying. There were circles in the ground where the dancers danced around, with sudden pauses where people ran through. Buckets of palm-oil were left empty in the streets. And there was no one in the market, which by this time was already bustling.

I circled around and went to the stream to see a totally different perspective. Here it was lush and green, and animals were everywhere. The cattle had been let out to roam, and occasionally I saw wild animals. But for some reason, no one was outside. I had seen the women start to freak out whenever the cattle ran wild. That’s what the cows were doing, but there wasn’t a person in sight.

I knew that when I left, the first wife and all her children were still sleeping. I had counted all six, so I decided to go and talk to James. As I wandered down the main street, I waited to see a tumbler, because it seemed like a ghost town. I finally reached the complex, and went into my room. There were all seven of them, sleeping. I went to the little girl, who I was so fond of, and hovered my hand over her nose. Yep, she was still breathing and I wasn’t the only person on the planet.

I decided to go see Mr. Brown. I ran to the Church and knocked on the door. He came out and said hello. He didn’t look very tired, but I asked him why no one was out yet. He told me that the villagers tended to sleep in after eating all those yams. He welcomed me in and we had tea and I told him about stuff that was going on in the outside world. He was pretty isolated here. He also asked me when I was going to be leaving. I told him that I was hoping to leave the next afternoon. He told me that it was going to be hard to get a taxi back out here, but he agreed to help me get back to the capital.

We sat there for hours talking about nothing you guys really want to read about. After we walked out to find the normal village as bustling as it was as before. I was so relieved. We walked back together to James’ compound. The children were all waiting for me. When they saw me, they came closer and smiled those big toothy grins of theirs. James’ asked me if I would mind going with the children to the stream. I didn’t mind, as long as one of the mothers would come with me. The youngest wife volunteered. We set off with twelve of the children. The oldest and youngest stayed back at the home.

Every child had a pot that they carried on their head. I assumed it was for water. I was correct. As soon as we reached the stream, the children dipped each of their pots into the stream until it was completely filled. After the lined up their pots under the tree the second wife and I were sitting under, they splashed in the water a little. It was a very hot day, so I put my feet in until the little girl, whom I had grown so fond of, splashed water on me. I had to get up and join the fun. The youngest wife was obviously a young woman (she had to be in her twenties) and couldn’t help but join in.

By the time we were supposed to be home, we were all soaking wet and had to lie down the sun to get dry. We laid there for a while, the children talking a little, until we had to go back. All the children grabbed their pots, and set off on the trail back home. I stayed in the back watching the children walk off. None of them had to touch the pot to keep it balanced. They just walked with their hands on the sides. The youngest in the group was only about three, and could keep the pot on his head for a long amount of time. I was amazed.

When we reached the home everyone was waiting for us. James and all his wives were standing there watching all the children come in. Mr. Brown was there too. James told me that they wanted to have a feast for me visiting them because I had done so much for their family. I was completely shocked. I started to tear up because I couldn’t believe it. They led me into James’ obi, where they passed around a kola nut and palm-oil. Then each child brought in some of the foods. Of course, there were yams. But there were others things too. There were stews with fish and different kinds of meat in it. There was also rice and lots of vegetables.

After we had eaten all of the food, James’ welcomed in each one of his children. Each one gave me a small present that James told me were each hand-made by them. I couldn’t believe it. Three oldest girls gave me a beautiful piece of cloth that they wore on their waists, but I would most likely wear mine as a shawl. The oldest boys made me a mask that was very intricately carved and colored. Most of the younger children made little pots out of clay for me. One of the younger boys, who I saw was very smart of his age, made me a knife. It had a case and a strap and I was very thankful for it. The rest of the little girls and boys made me tiny pots or miniature clothing. I wondered what the clothes were for.

But then my favorite girl came up. I assumed that she was around the age of ten. She gave me a doll. It was weaved from different kinds of cloth. The doll was black with long black braided hair. Her eyes were a bright blue and matched the clothing on her. Then I realized that she was wearing a Cinderella dress! It was blue and looked sort of like a hoop skirt. She also had long blue gloves and little white shoes. I then recognized that the other mini clothes were for her too. There were all different kinds! There were traditional Igbo outfits, a dancer outfit, a mini wooden mask, and an outfit that looked like mine!

I thanked them all so much. The wives began to tell some stories to the children, when Mr. Brown took me off to one side. He handed me an intricate wooden cross on a string. He told me that he had carved it himself and that he hoped that God would be with me on my journey. I thanked him for everything he had done for me and for the present.

I then excused myself to go and carefully put away my presents.

Day ? in who knows where

As you can see, I have no idea where I am. After I had put away the presents someone knocked on the door. I assumed Mr. Brown was there ready to go walk back into the capital. So I grabbed my bag and anything else I owed, opened the door, and BOOM! There was a flash of light and I passed out. Or I was knocked out, I couldn’t tell which. I woke up in this room. I was in a bed with the same clothes on. When I sat up I was very dizzy. My bag was on the floor next to the bed. I emptied it out, making sure that everything was where it was supposed to be. I armed myself with the knife that the boy gave me and tried to find an exit.

Whatever was the light source in this room was, it was extremely bright, almost blinding. There were some kind of sunglasses on the table and when I put them on, I could see so much better. I found the door and carefully opened it. Outside this door was another room that was identical to mine. I found another door and went through it. This room was different because of the windows. And I could not believe what I was seeing. It was the Earth. I wasn’t on the Earth.

I heard someone talking behind me. When I turned around I found two men staring at me. My knife was behind my back and I was ready to defend myself if I needed it. They introduced themselves as Dr. Ransom and C.S. Lewis. I couldn’t believe that I was looking at the author of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe! They told me that they needed a woman on their journey. I asked them where we were going. They said to Mars, which the inhabitants called Malacandra. I was shocked. Inhabitants? There were people on Mars? Ransom told me that they weren’t people. Aliens!! I couldn’t breath. They wanted to see the difference between a woman and a man on the planet.

I asked why they picked me. They told me they had selected at random. I was so angry. It was like winning the jackpot but to the opposite effect. I was the unlucky winner! Although on the other half of my brain, I was super excited. I was going to go to another planet!! I mean, how cool is that? Not even NASA thought of this! On that side I did feel like a winner of a crazy prize. Mr. Lewis told me that we would be landing in about two hours. I took one last look at Earth, and I realized that the picture I had seen only a couple of minutes before had shrunk profusely.

Ransom then showed me around the ship. It was a complete sphere, so we still had a small gravitational pull, which enabled us to walk around. Ransom told me that he had been kidnapped like I was and taken to the very same strange planet. The two men thought that the aliens wanted a sacrifice. Ransom was theirs. I was worried that I was Ransom’s. He reassured me that he and Lewis were doing this only for scientific purposes. But the two men who kidnapped him went crazy shortly after. It had two years since he left. I was shocked that a man would come back to a bizarre planet that he had been taken to.

I went back to my room and packed up my things making sure that each present was carefully stowed away. So I sat here for like an hour just trying to soak it all in. Then Mr. Lewis comes in and says that we landed. It was strange because I didn’t feel a thing. I followed him out with my backpack in tow.

The door was like a manhole. I had to throw my bag down before me because it was so small. When I reached the ground, the grass was defiantly not from my Earth. It grass was pink and rubbery. I picked some of it up but it was very much rooted to the ground. I put some in my pocket and walked out from beneath this giant spaceship into a world of wonder.

The sky was a very pale blue and the clouds were pinkish like as they are on Earth at sunset or sunrise. They seemed to be on a beach or peninsula when she turned around and saw that she was surrounded by water on three sides. The air was cold and was like a brisk winter morning. With one last turn, I could see another shore across the way. It was very far away and I could only make out colors. It was the same pink as the grass but there were also taller green stalks, which I assumed were trees of some sort, and whitish green taller stalk that were pointy at the top. I had no idea what those were supposed to be.

While I was examining my surroundings I saw that the men were unpacking. I instantly felt bad and went to help them. This is when I notice the hut. It was obviously very old and had been here a while. There were many padlocks on the doors and windows. When I entered it was very small but cozy. It had two bunks and a cot. It also had a huge jug of water, which was strange accounting that there was a huge ocean right next to the hut. Then I realized that the water must not be fresh water.

When we were done packing up the little hut we sat in the hut and talked. I told them about my adventures in Umuofia, Lewis told us all about his famous books, and Ransom talked about his adventures here. Then Ransom gave us some background information when Lewis was handing out dinner.

There were three different kinds of animals on this planet. The hrossa look like human-sized otters and were the friendliest. They don’t know much about the planet but have a huge love for singing and dancing. They mainly eat the vegetables they grow or the fish they catch. They live in the lower river areas.

The seroni look like very tall and skinny humans but can grow at least fifteen feet tall. They are covered in small white feathers and have seven fingers. They are the most intelligent group. They live up in the mountains in caves.

And the pfifltriggi have strange shaped heads and frog-like bodies. They are the builders of the three. The seroni tend to design the machinery and the pfifltriggi build it for them. They also dig up gold, which the natives call the ‘sun’s blood’. They tend to live wherever they are working.

He told us that the next day we would go and find the group of hrossa that he lived with while here. He told us to get a lot of sleep. So I got ready for bed and went to sleep hold my little Cinderella doll.

Day 35 (5th day writing) on Malacandra

It turns out that whatever thing Ransom and Lewis used to knock me out made me sleep for the entire trip, which took a month. Yay!!! So I’ll be gone longer than I thought cause if it took a month to get here it’s gonna take a month to get back! Ugggg…kill me now…

Anyway, after breakfast we grabbed out stuff and locked up the spaceship and the hut, we set off into the woods of inside-out umbrellas. I’m serious; they look like giant purple inside-out umbrellas! It seemed like we had walked for about an hour before we reached the stream. I asked Ransom if I could drink the water and he told me I could but it was very warm. He was right. As I walked closer to the stream I had this warm feeling inside of me and I no longer felt the chill air. The water was warm but comforting. When I turned around I realized that Lewis was taking notes that were probably about me.

We continued to walk and finally reached a larger part of the stream. From here we crossed the stream and kept on walking. Lewis was taking many notes during this, obviously trying to produce a map later. After at least three hours of walking, we reached a boat moored on the stream. Inside the boat was a large otter. I assumed it was a hrossa. It was and Ransom started talking to it. I couldn’t believe that he knew had to talk to these creatures.

This hrossa’s name was Whin and I remembered him from Ransom’s story. Whin was so surprised to see Ransom. They hugged and talked a little bit. I think he introduced me and Lewis to him but their language was so cruel, I couldn’t tell if it was actually my name. Then Whin invited us into his boat. We all got in and were instantly restored with warmth. A short ride down the river let us out into the open water.

There were islands everywhere I observed as Whin kept paddling. The landscape of each was very similar to the mainland. Suddenly Whin stopped paddling. Then the boat was swept up in a very strong current. We were going very fast across this lake. I looked over the side of the boat and saw many creatures under the water. Many were shaped like fish I had seen on Earth like eels and carp but the colors were different and who knows what they were called here.

Then Whin jumped out of the boat. Ransom followed and helped me and Lewis out. The water was very warm but only up to my knees. I also observed that there were not really any waves here. Then Whin grabbed the boat and carried it above his head to the shore. We followed him and he led us to a channel. There were very rough rapid here and we had to be careful. After we survived the rapid the water was level and we could get back into the boat.

Another two hours passed, when the boat finally stopped. It was passed noon and the sun was half way to sunset. There was clearing that neared the woods. They could see a small fire. Whin tied the boat to the nearest tree and invited them in. More hrossa were there around the fire and doing various things. You could tell they were not very smart. They looked like cavemen with their loincloths.

Most of the creatures seemed to know Ransom and gave him many hugs and talking in this strange language. I was extremely confused. And I felt very awkward. Ransom was doing his thing and Lewis was sitting on a rock taking notes and I didn’t know what to do. Ransom came up to me and I think he introduced me. Almost like déjà vu, I was reminded on how the little Igbo children had swarmed at me just like the hrossa were doing to me now.

For the rest of the night Ransom was trying to teach me their language. He also told me that the first hrossa he had met was named Hyoi, but the men who had kidnapped him had killed Hyoi. I thought that was very terrible. They gave us food and for a split second I wished I had yams. The food looked disgusting but actually tasted all right. I would still take yams over that for sure.

After we ate, the hrossa gathered around the fire. Then one by one they would say poems. I couldn’t tell what they were until Ransom told me, but even before they intrigued me. Their voices were harsh but soft in a way. They way they talked sounded like a rhythmic pattern. I felt like I could sing a song to it.

We did this for many hours until we were all very tired. Ransom showed me to a room I got to myself while the men set up a tent. Ransom told me that this room was his when he lived in the village years ago. I asked him how long it had been. He said that it was two years since he had left. He seemed joyful that he was back, but still something rooted him to his own world. I couldn’t tell what it was.

I am really tired and still sort of in shock, so that’s why I am writing a really short entry for today. And pretty much the whole day was in this one language and nothing really stood out to me accounting that I have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE SAYING!!!!!!!!! Ugggg……I’m going to bed.

Day 36 (6th day writing) in the handramit (valley area) of Malacandra

When I woke up the men were gone from there tent. In fact, the tent was gone! I could never imagine them leaving me here, but that was my panicked thought in the back of my head. But when I turned around I found them tending the fire and cooking something with one of the hrossa. I assumed it was Whin but they all looked the same to me. I couldn’t even tell the difference between and male or female!

Ransom offered me some food and I blatantly took it. As I ate he told me where we were going today. I thought we would be staying at least for another night. But Ransom and Lewis had planned to go up to the mountains to visit the seroni and then come back and stay longer. I was nervous about meeting these people. They seemed even weirder than the hrossa.

We set off to the mountains before many of the hrossa were even awake. They climbed through the purple forest for at least two hours barely saying a word to each other. Finally we came into a huge clearing. In front of us was a wall of rock. Not until I came completely out into the sun did I realize that there were mountains. We were to close to them to see the tops but it was such a steep incline I could never imagine to climb it. But Ransom did not go straight, but walked parallel with the line of the forest.

After about a half hour of that, the stream came back into view. The stream went right into the mountains and there was a very narrow valley where it entered. You could barely see any light on the other end. I couldn’t believe that anyone would live up here!

It took another hour to go through the valley and up the steep incline at the end of the tunnel. We finally began to see caves high above us, when I started to feel really bad. When I asked if we could take a rest Ransom told me that we were very close.

We finally arrived at a large cave with super high ceilings. There was this sorn sitting in the corner. Ransom went up and talked to him. He introduced himself as Augray and seemed very nice although I could not understand him. His body language was very kindly. And again I felt like an outsider. Ransom was talking to Augray, Lewis was taking notes and sketching the sorn, and little old me sitting in the corner, writing in my travel journal that will be later put into a blog. O gosh now I really feel bad….I think I’ll write some more later.

Day ? in my room on the spaceship

Ok so I just woke up again and I have no idea where I am. Well I know I am in my room on the spaceship but I don’t know if we are in space or still on Malacandra. Or maybe we are home! That would be an amazing joy!!

Well after I stopped writing in my last entry, I just remember being really, really dizzy. I looked at Ransom and the sorn and then at Lewis. He was looking at me with a worried face. Then he asked me if I was ok and then I don’t remember a thing.

I wonder what happened…

This is based on the two books Things Fall Apart and Out of the Slient Planet. We had to write a travel blog about going to the places in the books. We were only suppose to write less than 1 page for each day but I didn't know that so I wrote a little more.........or a lot more!! :) Enjoy!