Nameless Longings | Teen Ink

Nameless Longings

By WindDancer GOLD, Lexington, Kentucky
WindDancer GOLD, Lexington, Kentucky

"It's time to start living the life you've imagined"
- Henry James

"I read to escape, I write to confront."

When they were little they dreamed of faraway lands, of castles and adventures. Of true love and sunlit days. They dreamed there was a place for them in this misfit world they are caged in; they dreamed there was a Heaven on Earth.
They went to school and learned to live in a box inside their minds and build high walls around the things that tried to grow. They grew up and picked out a plastic tomb out of a box, and they married them. They lived in a life-size box, and, sometimes, they smelt on the wind PINE or felt in the breeze some Thing that brought back to them the idea of sunlit days.
If they were brave, the few, they let the old magic seep into their new, plastic lives and turn them whole again, bring them back to the beginning. If they were brave, the few, they relearned those barefoot dances, and laughter and the feel of grass on their feet. They relearned the feel of seashells by their ears, and maybe even love, if they were really brave.
If they weren’t brave, they scoffed and put away childish things, never realizing that love, fairytales, were the only thing that mattered.

This is about coming full circle in your life; about relearning and realizing what's most imporant, and what truly makes us infinite and immortal. It's about melting a rubber soul and finding yourself.

WindDancer GOLD, Lexington, Kentucky

- Henry James

Thanks very much, and I sure will.

WindDancer GOLD, Lexington, Kentucky

- Henry James

Thank you SO much!! Your support really means a lot to me. I was going for a bit of a Narnia feel- really, all those good books from childhood. THANK YOU!!

Brazz said...
Brazz, Ottawa, Other

"I dream a dream of words spoken and seen, feelings felt and used, stories read and heard, wondrous, beautiful, soulful, loving magic released to the unknowing world......if only we could see, hear, and feel it."

I love the imagery you've created in this. And I also feel the presence of Narnia in what you've written, specifically what you said about keeping the magic, love, and fairytales of youth in your life.

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

Really great work with very few words keep it up  could you please check out and comment on my story Numb.  i would really appreciate the feedback