TRAPPED | Teen Ink

TRAPPED

By LadyMoon DIAMOND, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
LadyMoon DIAMOND, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I'm so weird I'm normal
-Khalil, a friend

We are the owners of the night.
We wander the barren streets, bonded but alone.
Some of us are lost; the rest of us, forgotten.
I'm one of the Trapped Ones, and this is my story...

To tell you my name could get me caught by the Feds, so I'll just let you call me Aurora.
I reside in New York; it's my favorite prowling grounds. Over the years I have been to many different areas, SoHo,L.A.,Jersey...but Queens, New York has always called me back.
New York has a rythm all it's own.
If you listen closely, you can hear its many beats:The blare of horns, taxi cab drivers yelling and cursing their lungs out, basketballs dribbling on rain soaked courts.

I love the pavement of New York.
Slabs of solid gray rock, hard and unrelenting. But if you look closely you see little cracks,like rivers, that show the years of pounding on the them. Like the scars that can stay in a person's heart, long after the pain goes away.

I don't believe in pain. It's just a twisted way for someone to lose their mind, and I won't succumb to it. There used to be a time when I was scared....when I would cower in every dark corner available...When I would wish that someone would come along and hold me in their arms, take me away from this nightmare called Home.
Yeah, I used to be like that, but not anymore.
Not ever since I met Them.

They're Trapped, just like I am...
They too have suffered at the hands of their supposed "loved ones"....just like me, backs have been turned on them, and just like me they have decided to be on their own, take control of their OWN destiny, and let this world continue on its way to H*ll. Nobody gives a f*ck about Us, so we say f*ck the world...

"Just this story I'm writing. Inspired by a book a read by writer James Brian.Effin awesome:)"

I'm so weird I'm normal
-Khalil, a friend

thnx for commenting, i'll be sure to check out your work too :)

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

very interesting story  i liked it  keep it up  could you please check out and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i would really appreciate the feedback