LA: West Coast | Teen Ink

LA: West Coast

By RaiderWriter14 BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
RaiderWriter14 BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia

I was confronted right when I got off the plane. Not only was LAX the most craziest place I have ever been, but this is the crazies thing I have ever done. I was had just stepped off the escalator when a huge man in a black suit approached me.

“Are you Kelly Canter?” he asked me.

“Yes.”

“Hi. I’m Brody I will be your escort to the house. Welcome to Los Angeles. We have already got you bags in the car. Now follow me.”
I follow Brody out of the airport to a shiny black suburban. I hesitate at the curb. I knew that when I first walked into the door of the audition building that this was a mistake. I knew that this would be a very big mistake. Standing the car the feelings returned, but I ignored them. Brody opens the back door and holds it open for me. I get in the car and Brody follows me.

“Um, where are we going?” I ask, looking out the window.

“I am taking you to the house so you can meet your roommates,” he says.

“Oh. Okay,” I reply. I am really nervous when I hear the word “roommates.” I knew that there would be more people but the reality of sharing a house with 5 other people that I don’t know is really hitting me. I originally heard about the show from my best friend Deena. I thought that she was joking when she said that we were going to audition. But again I was wrong. I was dead wrong. The morning of the auditions she woke me up at 7 am and told me to get dressed I knew that I had misunderstood. The building where they were holding audition was big and tall. We walked into the lobby only to be meet by about 600 other guys and girls our age trying to get a spot on the show too. When it was finally our turn we were lead to the 20th floor of the building and taken into two separate rooms. I was greeted by a man and women who were about 20 years older than me. The man was obviously gay in his pink and white striped armani shirt and freshly pressed Gucci suit and pointed toe shoes. The women looked fierce in her bold hot pink satin dress and 5 inch alligator pumps.

“Sit, please,” the man said.
I sat down on the hard metal chair in front of the man and women. I noticed that there were name plates in front of each. The man’s name plate said, Gordon York. The women’s stated, Trish Laner.

“I hope you won’t be mad but this interview is being tapped for further viewing,” the women said.

“No, I don’t mind,” I said.

“So, your name and age please,” Gordon asked me.

“Kelly Canter, 24.”

“Well, Miss Canter, why do you want to be part of LA: West Coast?” Gordon asked me.

“Well, I think that being a part of LA: West Coast will be a good life experience for me and maybe I can meet some really special people that can be my friends for life,” I said. I was so nervous that I thought that I rubbed off two layers of skin off my hands onto my jeans.

“In three words define your personality,” Diane said. I could see that her and Gordon kept scribbling on thier notepads in front of them.

“Um, well lets’ see. Fun, exciting, and open to new things,” I knew that the last one was a total lie, but who didn’t lie when trying to get on one of the these things. I was the last person on earth who was up to trying new things. I hated change. The year after my parents divorced and I spent Christmas with my mom without my Dad I cried the whole time. When I graduated from high school I thought about not going to college because it meant that I had to move and something in my life had to change. I looked back up, Gordon and Diane and found they were very intent in writing on those notepads.

“Kelly, if you were picked to be on LA: West Cost and the show became very famous, how would you deal with being known in the world and having you face on TV every week?” Gordon asked.
I did not expect this to be on of the questions. I knew that I would really have to lie with this answer because the truth was that I really didn’t want to be on TV. I just came along because my best friend wanted to do this. I didn’t. The only thing I wanted was to finish college and then move on with my life and deal with the change. I stared at Gordon and Diane for a little while. I finally thought of what to say and just spit it out,” I hope that the show gets very popular because I love being the center of attention.”

“Well, thank you Kelly. Miss York will show you out,” Gordon waved his hand and I got up out of my chair.

The car pulled up in front of one of the biggest house I had ever seen in my life. The steps leading up to the house were bigger then my apartment that I shared with Deena. The front door looked like something out of medieval Europe.

“Welcome to your home for 5 months. Now I need you to clip this to the collar of your shirt so we can hear you. Now its wireless so you won’t have the pack on your back. Now all you have to do is get out of the car and walk into the house. Now I am going to warn you from this point on everything you do will be filmed and recorded. Have a good time,” Brody plastered a fake smile on his face that they probably paid him for.

“I’m I the first person here?”, I really did not want to be.

“No, you roommate Nick Carson should be here.”
I clipped the mike on my shirt and then I opened the door of the car. I got out into the hot LA sun. I put on my sunglasses and walked around the back to get my bags. And what do I find but a big camera and microphone right in my face. Someone was there holding a sign that said, SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE HOUSE.

“Geez, this house is huge. Wonder if I am the first person here.”
I get my bags out of the back of the car and I saw the man holding the sign held up two thumbs. I walked up the stairs and opened the door. I thought to myself, Well here goes nothing.

Okay, I will read it through again and fix them!! Thanks for reading my other work and commenting!!

LovelyMiss GOLD, Floresville, Texas
So she was on one of those shows were they tape u 24/7 to dig out juicy info about u? I thought it was a good story how she was trying something basically insane to her her, although I did come by some grammar mistakes that are easily fixable, I think that was it, other than that I thought it was good.:)