Dear Daddy | Teen Ink

Dear Daddy

By SaMiLoVe97 SILVER, Okawville, Illinois
SaMiLoVe97 SILVER, Okawville, Illinois

If it doesnt break your heart it isnt love, if it doesnt break your heart its not enough. Its when youre breaking down with your insides coming out.Thats when you learn what youre made of.-Switchfoot<3

Dear Daddy,
There are so many things i wish to tell you, that i know i can never bring myself to.
Sometimes Daddy, I dream that i am still your little girl.
That you still take time to paint my nails my favorite shade of blue every night.
That you still hug me and kiss me and call me your princess.
I imagine me coming home from school and leaping into your arms.
I imagine you helping me with my vocabulary words.
I hope Daddy, I hope that when i tell you a silly, endless story about me and my friends, you listen.
Daddy, do you remember? Do you remember when you would tell me that i'd always be your little girl. I'd always be your honey bun.
Oh how i hated it when you called me that, but now i find myself wishing that those two words would leave your whiskered lips.
Daddy, do you remeber when you'd ask me who my hero was, and i'd say proudly"My daddy".
Daddy, do you remember the last time i called you Daddy to your face? I dont.
I know that you try, and i apreciate that. More than you'd ever imagine.
I know that you think that i think your the bad guy. You're not the bad guy Daddy. No matter how hard you try, you cant be bad.
Sometimes, when you tell me i cant go to a friends, im silently happy. Im happy that you care enough to want me home. And when i want to go to a party and you say no because you dont know who or what will be there, im ecstatic. Because when you do that, i feel like im your little girl and your protecting me from the big bad world. Sometimes, i want to explore that world. Others, i want you to hold me and protect me from everything. Daddy, my dear, dear Daddy, you are still my hero, and will always be my hero. But will i ever return to my role of being your Little Girl? These Daddy, are the words i can never tell you.

Love,

Your Little Girl

Katie1234 GOLD said...
Katie1234 GOLD, Velva, North Dakota

"When life becomes more than you can stand; fall to your knees"
"To be normal is to be boring."
"You cannot make men good by law."
"Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God because He said so."
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."

Thank you. I appreciate that.

SaMiLoVe97 SILVER, Okawville, Illinois

Thanks alot!!!! Ill be sure to check out summa your work(:

Katie1234 GOLD said...
Katie1234 GOLD, Velva, North Dakota

"To be normal is to be boring."
"You cannot make men good by law."

This is amazing. You have captured the essence of what a lot of people wish they could say to their dads.