Army of God Part 1 | Teen Ink

Army of God Part 1

By Esperanza GOLD, Twinsburg, Ohio
Esperanza GOLD, Twinsburg, Ohio

"Don't tell me 'sky's the limit' when there are footprints on the moon."

Scene 1 (Scene opens up to Anthony’s room. Tiffany and Anthony are in room. They are praying)
Anthony: …and I ask that God will come into my heart, Amen
Tiffany: Anthony, you are now part of the Christian family
Anthony: Thanks…but what am I supposed to do now?
(Voice from offstage (Gabriel))
Gabriel: Why that one’s easy, command your army
Anthony: (surprised) What army? Who said that? Tiffany, is this some kind of joke?
(Gabriel walks on stage)
Gabriel: Actually I said it son. Now that you’re a Christian, it’s time to command your army.
Anthony: What army??? The only one I’ve ever led is one in paintball.
Gabriel: (realizing) Oh I’m sorry. Let me explain this differently. Did you know that you fight battles every day?
Tiffany: We aren’t in the U.S. army last time I checked
Gabriel: (still maintaining patience) You fight spiritual battles every day. Your decisions whether to do good or bad either weaken or strengthens your army.
Tiffany: Wait how do we strengthen our armies? What weakens them?
Gabriel: When you train your warriors, they become strong and are able to fight the warriors on the bad side.
Anthony: But if we don’t strengthen our warriors they’ll be weaker than others?
Tiffany: But wait, will the good side or the bad side win?
Gabriel: Well, in the end God will win. For in the Book of Revelation, it says that Satan will meet his doom. But the problem is, until God comes back, Satan will try to take as many people as he can grab. Think of it like this. There is a black dog and a white dog. They really don’t get along. Whatever dog you feed more will be stronger and will overpower the other dog.
Tiffany: (understanding) Oh I see. That’s why we need to strengthen our armies!
Gabriel: Precisely. (gets an idea) I have an idea. It may be a little against the rules, but it will help you spiritually.
Anthony: (impatiently) Well, what is it.
Gabriel: Now don’t get impatient, that’ll weaken one of your toughest warriors…my idea is to show you the army of a friend of yours. She is struggling a lot. Her army is quite weak. We are trying to build it up. We’ll take you guys for you to get an understanding of the army of God.
Tiffany: That sounds fine by me
Gabriel: We are off to Hannah’s army (All run off stage)
Scene 2: (Scene moves to the battle ground. They are inside Fort Hannah. Gabriel, Tiffany, and Anthony run on stage. One of the Angels is wounded. It is being carried on a stretcher off stage)
General Michael: Gabriel, thank goodness you’re here. We lost another small battle. Hannah gave into lying to her mom. One of our angels is badly wounded.
Soldier 1: We should’ve sent in Goodness. She would have fought against Deceitfulness, and she may have won.
Deceitfulness: (off stage) Haha that’s right! But it’s too late now Hannah already made the decision. I win this one. (comes on stage but Michael throws him off stage)
Michael: That’s very true, Hannah does make the final decision. Unfortunately, Goodness is weakened, and won’t be as strong next battle.
Anthony: How many warriors does Hannah have?

Gabriel: Everyone has nine warriors: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, and Self-Control. Some warriors are stronger than others. Sometimes more warriors need more training than others.
Tiffany: But how many bad warriors does Hannah have fighting against her army?
Gabriel: There are seven very evil warriors: Discord, Jealousy, Rage, Selfishness, Slander, Gossip, Arrogance, and Chaos. Even though there are only seven, sometime we need to fight them with more than one of our warriors because they are so strong.
Anthony: How are we supposed to help Hannah’s weakened army?
Gabriel: Many friend influences help determine Hannah’s choices. It is your job to influence her in a positive way to help her make good decisions.
Tiffany: Gosh, (feeling guilty, looks down) I didn’t know Hannah was struggling. If I would have known, I would have tried to help out.
Gabriel: (puts hand on Tiffany’s back) It’s not necessarily your fault. Hannah isn’t completely hopeless. Her strongest warriors are Love, Kindness, and Gentleness. Her toughest challenges are Chaos, Slander, and Gossip. If she works on these, her army will become much stronger.
Anthony: (curious) Then what is my army’s strengths and faults?
Gabriel: That’s for you to figure out. Ask God to help guide you. He knows the way through desperate situations.
Tiffany: Interesting, (sees Michael coming) is Michael the general?
Gabriel: Technically, Hannah is the general. But Michael is an archangel. He’s the highest rank.
Anthony: Then what angel are you?
Gabriel: I’m a messenger angel.
Tiffany: No wonder you’re so smart!
Gabriel: (laughs) What I know is common sense for most angels. (Michael walks over to Gabriel)
Michael: We’ve got big trouble Gabe, Hannah is thinking about sneaking out of her house to disobey her mom. Our Angels and Soldiers are trying to fight Discord off, but he’s very strong. We need Goodness to fight him off. She is the only one.
Gabriel: (unsure) Ok, but she’s one of our weakest warriors
Tiffany: Are you prejudicing against girls?
Gabriel: It has nothing to do with that, it’s just this is one of Hannah’s biggest troubles. Fighting with Discord. (Goodness comes on stage)
Goodness: Come on Commander Gabriel, I’m ready to fight.

Firebringer17 GOLD, Mayfield HTS, Ohio

"To get respect, you must earn respect, to earn respect you must give respect."

awww shucks :)

Esperanza GOLD said...
Esperanza GOLD, Twinsburg, Ohio

still u did pretty good

Esperanza GOLD said...
Esperanza GOLD, Twinsburg, Ohio

thanx for commenting it rele does mean alot to me u have no idea how much these comments help me

Firebringer17 GOLD, Mayfield HTS, Ohio

well I had to google the armor stuff

Esperanza GOLD said...
Esperanza GOLD, Twinsburg, Ohio

nice you know ur stuff about the Bible thanx for the tips :)

BleedingTearsCryingBlood BRONZE, Pendleton, Indiana

"Read on to discover a soul deeper than your own. Read on to find the innermost feelings, and thoughts of a creative mind. Read on to find something you may or may not understand."

I am not one for reading plays, but this one really caught my interest. You have found an interesting way to help people find their faith, and at the same time you are teaching them to be selfless and help others. I like it. :)

Firebringer17 GOLD, Mayfield HTS, Ohio

Not bad, not bad at all, everytime you submit something, it gets better than your last. I wish you had used the seven deadly sins as the 7 bad warriors (Lust, gluttony, sloth, greed,wrath, envy, pride) and also think of the humans using the armor of god, like the belt of truth, the breast plate of righteousness, the sandals of peace shield of faith, helmet of salvation, nd the victorious sword of the spirit) it was good, your dialouge is getting alot better but don't forget to explain the surrounding a bit more. If you like stuff like that, would you mind looking at my new piece, "An Angel, A demon and the Apocalypse. Keep writing. 

Esperanza GOLD said...
Esperanza GOLD, Twinsburg, Ohio

Let me know what you think