Code Red | Teen Ink

Code Red

By TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

The clock ticks away my life. The moment has come, the moment we have waited years for. The moment that we have prayed so much about is finally here and no one is talking, no one is destracted, no one is moving. We are all holding our breath. We are all praying at the end of the night we will leave with our heads held high and our boys too.

It's amazing that one little piece of rubber and air can make so much difference in a town, a school, and a community. How unbelievibly happy it can make all of us, or how unbelievibly sad it can make us. The defining moment will come, but for now we are standing in the cold yelling as loud as we can. Showing everyone our spirit. Showing everyone how proud of our boys we are.

" THis is the night we will remember the rest of our lives so lets make it a good one", I hear from a huddled group of red jerseys. I smile and know what was said was completely true, but no matter what happens our boys will always be my heros. They have fought three long months for this one night. They worked in the heat and in the cold. They have shown our little town what a champion really is.

Four fingers held in the bitting cold air of a December night, but for fifteen minutes thats where they are staying. Evenly matched opponents everyone said, but I know it's not all about talent. Our boys have more heart than anyone in our state. I know that and I know they can prove it.

Five yards and forth down, it's almost a death sentence, but our boys go for it. Last minute of the game. I can't believe it has come down to this. We all have tears in our eyes as our boys come out of their stances. Theres no turning back now.

Our boys know eachother. They don't just know the number on their jersey, they know the guy behind the helmet. They are all a big family. One that knows eachothers strenghts and weakness, therefour on forth down with one minute to go number twelve threw the football to someone who he knew he could depend on, because it was his brother, they might not have been known eachother until they played together, but after that day they were brothers and that brother ran straight up the middle and won the game. Won the state championship game that a little town was well deserving of.

Just a little story about a little town with a little football team, thats gonna go all the way to state!!!