By Fate That We Know Not Of | Teen Ink

By Fate That We Know Not Of

By Wild_Rebel_Rose DIAMOND, Somerset, Wisconsin
Wild_Rebel_Rose DIAMOND, Somerset, Wisconsin

Be who you are, and say what you feel, becuase those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

The e m p t y page,

like lightning in my eyes,

No words are left inside for me to write.

Step back and glance up, watch the people racing by, all alone, behind the eyes of a broken soul.

Your soul. Your eyes.

Now you see me looking at you, but only for a fleeting moment. And for one outworn but single second, you know me. You know I care.

But then its gone. Your forlorn look returns, your calamity is reawakened, &&you shake your head and move, away, with the crowd.

But you left me something. Did you know you left me something??

Like finding a rose bud in a crannied wall, you left me inspiration. Like magic. Your eyes are deeper than you think, stranger.

You're scared now, aren't you. You felt connection, you felt an urge, a pull inside of you. You should run, back the way you came, and find what you lost back there, lost to someone you can't trust, and don't even know.

But that would be ludicrous, ..because I took nothing.

So you keep going, with chances that you'll never see me again. You'll forget that moment, in a matter of minutes, or hours, or at least in a day or two. And thats how it should be.

But what if you had come back. What if you've seen me somewhere before? What if you know me, or I know you. What if I had something to tell you??

You're underestimating chance.

Why was it you who caught my eye?

What did you see in me?

Was it hatred, or love. Fear, wonder. Knowledge? Or was it a blank stare. An embarrassed shrug of the shoulders for catching my gaze. A drop of eyelashes, a turn of the head.

I captured a single second.

By fate that we know not of.

Some people can almost read you.
They can look deep into your eyes, and sometimes it seems like they're taking a piece of you with them.

MaddieWo PLATINUM, Marstons Mills, Massachusetts

"If I'd a knowed more, I would a loved more." -Pilate Dead, Song of Solomon

Love it :D beautifly written