My Pathetic Life | Teen Ink

My Pathetic Life

By DaddyzUnwantedDolly PLATINUM, Raliegh, North Carolina
DaddyzUnwantedDolly PLATINUM, Raliegh, North Carolina

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."~ Dr. Seuss

My life is an utter disappointment. I have no plans for the future nor near future other than accomplish high school and to make my mom and step dad proud of me for once... I feel bad since there's not much to love at the moment.
I mean I constantly beg to dye my hair black (or any other color) cause I absolutely despise my hair naturally. Blondie! BLECK.
Anyway, today is my first day of school as a Junior. Joy... Ugh, this means another year stuffed full of stupid, not to mention, meaningless drama.
For instance, my (once, a lonnnnggg time ago) best friend Amy constantly gets mad at me for the most stupidest reasons! It's just impeccable at how she can pick the smallest thing she might be annoyed by to ruin absolutely everything. I hate it!

I guess I should drag myself out of bed and get ready since I won't be able to fall back asleep.. To bad.
"Hmmmm..." I mumble trying to figure out what I should wear... Not much... I just cannot wear light colored shirts. Why? I'll talk about that later.
I ended up deciding on a black tank top and gray skinny jeans. Typical me.
I stumble towards my bathroom and end up tripping, somehow, and falling flat on my face.
"Holy shizz!" I manage to barely keep from screaming when I look up to see my little bro, Tom, standing a few feet away.
"You okay buddy?" I ask squinting in the dim hallway.
"I hea-heard something... " He looked around with his big blue eyes even bigger than imaginable.
"Awwwhhh," I somehow managed to get over to him and mess up his little Mohawk, " Nothin's here hun, just go crawl back into bed. Kay?"
"Oh... Okay.. Tuck me in?" He asked.
"Fine, go." I nudged him.
Five minutes and a few kisses later I was jumping into my shower.
"Ahhhhh.." I muttered as the hot water ran down my spine.
I love hot water on a cold day, hate visa versa though.
I started humming and soon was out of the shower. Twenty or so minutes later I started down to my bus stop to wait with Michelle.. I silently cheered in my head. I loved her character. I laughed thinking of how she always made the worst things seem somewhat funny.
Hmm, I noted when I got there. She isn't here yet. Dang. I sat on the damp ground not really paying attention as I stared up towards the stars...
"Beautiful." I whisper in the wind.
"Hey!" Yelled Michelle coming up in the darkness, "What's up?"
"Nothing..Tired as mess. You?" I ask suddenly weary.
"Ehh, the usual. Tom got a 'GF'... and is still messing or trying to mess with me." She smiles at this and I laugh to keep the conversation going.
"I wonder where our bus is..." I say after a moment of silence, not awkward.. relaxing silence.
"I donno. My mom should yell out when she catches sight of it.. She better."
I giggle," Or?"
She doesn't hear me since the bus is turning the corner with a somewhat loud roar.
"Yay." I exclaim sarcastically.
Michelle laughs as we board the bus. I go to my usual seat to sit and close my eyes with my head against the window.
"Ahhh..." I sigh.
A few stops and a zillion people later Jamie gets on.
"Hey." She says.
"Uh-oh, what's wrong?" I ask, noting the red tint to her nose.
"Nothing."
"Are you sure?" I prod gently not wanting to make her madder at whatever is bothering her.
Silence.
I turn to the window knowing she'll tell me when she is ready. She just needs time to process her words.
Five minutes and a load of awkwardness later, " It's.. Jordan."
"Oh?" I ask concerned.
"Well..."
I wait.
"He..."
I wait some more, gently tapping my foot.
"He's in jail."
"Eep! Why?" I ask.
"He's an idiot. That's why," Her eyes dart across my face to see my reaction as she continues," He went against his probation."
"Oh." I say, not really knowing any other reply.
"Yah.."
"You really liked him." I say quietly looking out the window.
"Mhm... He's moving."
"Dang...."
I scratch my eye when she says, "I'm probably gonna leave him."
"Why?" I ask, surprised.
"He's moving... We won't have any.. contact. Ya know...?"
"Oh.. Yah..." I reply disappointed.
Minutes later we arrive at school.
"Ugh. Humid." I complain.
"Yah." Jaime says.
"I can't wait for the rain."
"Psh, I can. Haha." She says.
I frown and pop my fingers randomly," I love rain."
"I don't."
I smirk , "Why?"
"I donno."
We get inside.
"Bathrooooom." I half chant-sing.
"Ughhhhhh..." She says but goes into it with me.
"I hate my bangs," I mutter, "They keep parting."
Jaime shakes her head with a small smile on her pretty face.
"Hmp. Shaking your head at me..."
She laughs and so do I.
We walk to our hang out spot with a majority of our friends...
I frown when the fire alarm starts blaring.
"Awwwh..." I moan, I hate the sound of 'em.
Jaime and I walk outside and see a HUGE fire overtaking the building.
"OH MY GOD!!!" Jaime screams.
I'm already halfway across the grass to seek some help when I hear a scream and turn to see Jaime crushed.
"Noooo!" I screech.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Oh my gosh, I really should have, I'll do that in my future stories... I can't believe I didn't think of that! O_O

Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I KNOW - STUPID CAPS. ANYHOW, I THINK YOU COULD HAVE SAID THAT JAIME LOOKED ODD, LIKE SHE LOOKED VERY SCARED OR SHE GASPED OR SOMETHING AND THEN YOU TURNED AROUND AND SAW THE FIRE. IT JUST DIDN'T SEEM DRAMATIC ENOUGH. ALSO, I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT YOU RAN AWAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (SAY WHAT YOU ARE THINKING) AND THEN REALIZE THAT JAIME ISN'T WITH YOU... THAT WOULD BE DRAMATIC.

Oops, I put the comment in the wrong place XD

How do I build it up then?

(haha, you're still stuck on caps)

Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

THIS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I SEE WITH YOUR CLIFFHANGER (THIS HAPPENS A LOT) IT HAPPENED TOO FAST - THERE WAS NO BUILD UP... IT JUST HAPPENED.