Silence | Teen Ink

Silence

May 8, 2010
By PearlX PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan
PearlX PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan
25 articles 20 photos 18 comments

The room is silent. Loudly silent. Pages turn, people shuffle, a pencil gliding over a sheet of paper. It is silent. The world turns; somewhere in the distance, a dog barks.

The room is silent. But I hear everything. The crying of a baby, the whimpering of a dog, the stabbing of a knife, someone crying out at night, asking God why there has to be so much pain and bloodshed.

Somewhere in the distance of the light, I hear something. A music-box playing its last tune.



Silence by ~eccentrikchild
The room is silent. Loudly silent. Pages turn, people shuffle, a pencil gliding over a sheet of paper. It is silent. The world turns; somewhere in the distance, a dog barks.The room is silent. But I hear everything. The crying of a baby, the whimpering of a dog, the stabbing of a knife, someone crying out at night, asking God why there has to be so much pain and bloodshed.Somewhere in the distance of the light, I hear something. A music-box playing its last tune.
Drag and Drop to Collect


The author's comments:
This piece of prose is about all the hate and violence that is going on in the world. It talks about an unknown narrator who compares the silence to the world to all the violence. It talks about how we all go on about our regular lives while so many people are losing loved ones and experience pain.