Brother | Teen Ink

Brother

By screamxmanda SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
screamxmanda SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

Dreamers always kill the Soul Takers

To think that I would actually miss you. After what you have put us through. How you just got up and left just like Daddy did when me and Ma needed you most. I hated you for that! I was stupid to actually count on you! So stupid!
I remember that day where you laid on your bed tangled in the blankets,letting out tiny agonizing sobs, and I asked you what was wrong and you didn't answer. Do you remember that day? Do you? Cause I do!...Ever so clearly!... like a diamond. But I bet you don't because if you could forget about your family then you can forget about that.
And I sat by your side, rubbing your cheek, holding you in my scrawny weak arms, saying that what ever was wrong will soon turn out okay. And after a while you stopped crying and just laid there limp on the bed, barely moving or making a sound.
After that day out bound seemed to grow more..blossoming into a strange abstract flower with mysteries still hidden in side. But this began to fall apart and you were gone more often until one day you never came back. Not even a call to let us know your okay. Just tell us your okay.
But you didn't and I felt rage towards you. And I would find myself at night crying for you, but I had to block out those emotions. I forced myself not to love you any more because you didn't love us.
I'm still waiting for your call..Still waiting for my brother to come back home. So I won't have to hate you any more.

When you lose something you gotta make sure not to take any one for granted because you don't know what could happen... you have to say i love you to them no matter if your mad or sad... appreciate while it's still there..