C'est la vie | Teen Ink

C'est la vie

By VanessaT. SILVER, Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
VanessaT. SILVER, Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota

He grabbed my hand as the rain fell hard on my skin. We both watched the big drops fall and splatter on my arm. Up until this point it was all about convincing other people this wasn’t the end, trying to make everyone believe that we would see the light of tomorrow. Although, I think it was at that exact point when we stopped trying and gave in to the truth, the truth that is was over. The strong winds had blown the roof off. Everyone was crouching in a corner, huddled with their friends, crying…praying, to the lord above to stop all of this, or to just see their family one last time. I look up once more to see him still holding and staring at my skin. A single tear unfolds from his eye, and he pulls me in a little closer. My eyes get hot, and I also start crying, never in my life had I felt such love, as much as I felt it in that moment. I wasn’t crying because I’d die, I was crying because it wasn’t fair that we were a generation of many, that didn’t get to live out our lives. The generation, that wouldn’t get to feel the love that I felt, right now, right here, the end of it all.

C'est la vie