The End | Teen Ink

The End

December 6, 2009
By Michellebrain GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Michellebrain GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
12 articles 0 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
“A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.”
-Marilyn Monroe


The rain poured down hard on my body. I watched every drop fall on my naked hand and split into a million droplets. Slowly they roll down my hand and drop on the bench that I was sitting on. I picked my head up to the sky and gazed at the face that was staring back at me. It was upset. It looked mad. I was puzzled. I stared at it some more. A voice echoed in my head. “ YOU IDIOT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!’ The voice turned into a face as my eyelids lowered. The face began to run toward me and I began to realize that this scene is familiar. The pupils behind my eyelids widened in shock as a hard force hit my body and I flew backward. I hit the back of my head against a wall and felt a hot stream flowing down my head. Slowly I reached the back of my head and saw my hand soaked in a blur of red. The face was raging with anger. “I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!” she began to run toward me again. This time she held a glass bottle in her right hand and stopped right near a mirror before she got to me. She laughed and smashed the vodka bottle against the mirror. With the broken bottle she ran to me and slashed it across my face. She screamed and threw the bottle at me. It hit my chest and shattered into a million pieces. Now the red liquid was all over me. The pain was throbbing all over my chest. I could not look down because my neck would not let me. I couldn’t get up either. I was weak. A soft hot fluid that felt similar to the one before was rolling down my cheeks. I closed my eyes. She looked at me and said “aww…. What a poor girl.. you’re crying aren’t you…”she stroked my cheek with her hand. She laughed and said, “well now there’s no one here to save you” she said smiling. “You ruined my life, you know that?” she looked to the side, where a now cracked mirror took place. I turned my head to the direction she was looking at. The image of me gasped as I saw what she turned me into. I gritted my teeth. “Well, you know what? You ruined my life just as well” and I punched her right in the face as I hard as my weak hands could handle. She fell back and held her jaw. “You son of a ….!” And she swung. I fell back and fell into the glass. The room began to blur. The pain began to subside. Oh, this is nice I thought. A warm sensation trickled through my body. I smiled to myself. Dying isn’t so bad after all… I opened my eyes if only that’s how it ended I thought.

I walked down the street half dressed. It was 31 degrees out side and the rain felt like ice. My heart pounded with the rhythm of the rain and flashbacks kept returning to me. I shuddered as I remembered the things she’s said to me. They were worse then being hit. Those words were like the knives that stabbed me in the stomach countlessly. A broken record. If only that was how it had ended I thought…if only