Death Drive | Teen Ink

Death Drive

September 15, 2009
By GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts
GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts
41 articles 32 photos 13 comments

It all started on what I thought would be a normal Saturday morning. It was around 9:30 when I went upstairs and turned on the Radio. Like I normally do before leaving the house to go to my friend’s house, every Saturday we all hang out. After about half an hour I got into my car and called my friend Lily saying I was on my way. "Hello" a nervous voice said answering the phone. "Hey it’s Lola I was just calling to say I'm on my way" I said into my cell phone. "Umm, meet me at the coffee shop down the street from your place; I need to tell you something important." She said, something was obviously wrong; she wasn't the normal hyper or happy Lily she usually was. I drove to the small coffee shop also known as "Cool Coffee" I got down there and Lily was waiting nervously by the door. "What’s wrong?!" I immediately asked, "It's Molly, she, she got into a car accident, well got hit by a drunk driver-"She started. I didn't want to hear the rest of it, but I listened to my frightened friend finish speaking. "I saw it happen, I could have stopped it-I would have stopped it, I tried to but I couldn't, the next thing I knew I saw Molly on the pavement, bleeding, really bad, I called an ambulance right away, but when they came to get her, they told me it was-" by this time she was crying, allot, it was weird seeing Lily cry, I've been friends with her for about six or seven years and I've never seen her cry, she was the type of person who could beat anyone up if she tried and she never liked to show emotion. Other then happiness, although she was tough whenever she was around Molly or me, she was happy and hyper. "What did they tell you?!" I asked scared of the words that she was about to say. "They said it was...too...late, they said she was already dead, that she lost too much blood, there was nothing they could do to save her" She finished, My head was spinning, how could Molly be dead, no, she couldn't be, she was too good of a person to be gone. We've been friends for about eleven years, kindergarten was when we met. She was always the nicest person, always smiling and friends with everyone. She had bright blue eyes and golden hair. She wore allot of pink and blue, unlike me, I wear stuff that more gothic sometimes, not allot though, Lily wears allot more than me. I just couldn't believe my best friend was gone and because of some drunk freak! It's not fair that her life was taken away. "I-I think I’m going to go back home" I said then ran to my car. I didn't know what to do, or where to go, I didn't want to go home or anything so I decided I would just drive, which was a pretty stupid idea considering how many thoughts were going through my head. I drove away from the coffee shop and down the street, I looked down at my charging cell phone and then out of nowhere it seemed my car was no longer on the ground, at that point I looked out the window. Just in time for my car to find its place on the ground again, I looked being me, I wasn't on the road anymore, When I wasn't looking I must have driven off a small hill. The next-and last thing I knew was there was a tree coming closer and closer to my car, I heard glass shatter and my car getting totaled by this tree, this tree that ended up killing me.