Normal life??? NOT REALLY!!!!!! | Teen Ink

Normal life??? NOT REALLY!!!!!!

By Annaxoxo SILVER, Swampscott, Massachusetts
Annaxoxo SILVER, Swampscott, Massachusetts

Can life be any harder than it is already? I want to be a normal girl with a normal crush that every girl has, and a normal life like all my friends. But sadly that will never happen. I know that for a fact! I live in a place where there is barley any rain, actually the most rain we have had in a year is well lets just say, not a lot.

* * *

“Kate? Are you there? KATE! You need to come milk the cows they are getting antsy!”

“K Dad i’ll be there in a minute i am just finishing the book i am reading!”

“ Kate if you don’t get yourself down here right now then you will not be going to the school dance.” I want to go to this dance sooooo badly. I have never asked for anything like this ever. You have to understand that life on the farm when you are 13 can be upsetting. I have friends who live in mansions with pools, 5 bedrooms and bathrooms, and a game room etc........... but no one has a farm. Not one of them has to get up every morning to milk the cows or feed the horses hay. So once again the job is left for me to take care of.

* * *

I got out of bed, put the book down on my wooden dresser and combed out my hair. I put it up in a high bun and walked slowly downstairs dreading the morning that was waiting to happen. .............................................................
All my chores are done. If i’m lucky i can catch the bus. Unfortunately thats never the case. I grab my school bag, my lunch and of corse my book and head out the door.

When i’m at school i am a whole other person. There is no farm girl Kate in me. Its just plain Kate. The girl that every guy wants! And lets keep it that way okay? I really don’t need anyone finding out that i live on a farm where every morning i am expected to milk the cows so we can have something to drink. I don’t think that is part of a popular girls life. The worst part is trying to keep my friends from asking questions like.... I have never seen your house before, what is it like, or hey lets go over to Kate’s house today. So i lied. Its just a little white lie how bad can it be? Don’t answer that question........... There he was! The gorgeous boy who walked through these hallways everyday. He had two other friends in back of him so they were in a triangle formation. He walks through these halls so confident and shore of himself. He flipped his medium length brown hair across his face to get it out of his eyes. GORGEOUS! I felt my face get red. As i slowly get back to reality i look around the hall to make sure no one saw my little outburst. Its just hard to control myself sometimes.

EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

No problemo!!!!!!!!!

Luv ya,

<33333

No problemo!

Keep up the good work!!!!

<33333333333333333333333333333333333

really?? thanks!

This is awesome!!!!

You are turning out to be a great writer!!!

Can't wait to see more!!!

<333333

thanks! i will let you know when i add more!

jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
see i told you!! you do have writing inside you and you did write something else!! so good for u keep it up and by the way this is awesome!!

ur twin <33