To Jane, | Teen Ink

To Jane,

August 25, 2009
By JaseC GOLD, Granbury, Texas
JaseC GOLD, Granbury, Texas
19 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Dear Jane,

There’s something that I’ve never said very much to you, and that is the words I’m sorry. Those words are thrown around everyday so much that it’s almost a total cliché. You hear it everyday from the cheating politician, a stranger that bumped into you, your boyfriend. This time, when I say it, know that I’m saying it because it’s the truth and not just because it’s what I’m supposed to say or that it’s courteous to do so. I’m saying it because I am. You’ve always been there for me, even when everyone I knew hadn’t been. You don’t judge me for what I was, and that means so much. I know that I’m a little broken, and that I can be a handful sometimes, but I just want you to know that I love you with everything in me. Every time that I think about you, I smile. I sometimes find myself grinning for no reason at all, but than find out it was because you were somewhere in my head. I know that we can’t be together because it would never work out between us, and I understand this. I just want you to know that if you were ever need to come to me, you can. I’m not ever going to go after you like I did before. If anything I’m just going to have to wait and see if anything between you and I changes. I’ve always been in love with you, ever since the first time you gave me a smile, and I think that I always will be.

Unfaithfully yours,

Jase

The author's comments:
This is to the only person that has never let me go, even if I have 100 times.