Story Of A Pencil | Teen Ink

Story Of A Pencil

By Sprinkle_Autumn BRONZE, Colombo, Other
Sprinkle_Autumn BRONZE, Colombo, Other

Friends are Magic

I'm a long beautiful pencil that lived in a box with my friends. I like to go outside of this box and I'm curious to know about the world, but others said it is too dangerous. However one-day little child got me in his hand. First I was scared but it faded when he puts me in another box.

There were some new friends that I have never seen. They introduced themselves to me. There was an Eraser, a sharpener, and a ruler as I remember. Later someone opened a box and got me out. He hold me and started to write using me.
"There is nothing to be scared of," I thought to myself. Suddenly the little child opened his pencil box again and take out the eraser. He rubbed it on letters that were written using me and letters got invisible. The day went by and I spent the whole day thinking about this wonderful world.
He picked me up again but this time he had the sharpener in his hand. He started to sharpen me and I started to get shorter.

This was the worst day of my life!
Time passed quickly. I was very short. He threw me out. Even then someone else took me by the hand. I do not want to live like that again. But I can not do anything about it. I remembered my first friends. They said the world is dangerous. Did this happen to those who came here before me? I started to think about all these things at once.
But the new owner treated me well. She attached a pen clip to me because I was too short. She drew many things with me. She has a very sad life story, I read it when she wrote her life story using me. Then I realized that there are people in this world who are sadder than I am.

Written By Sprinkle Autumn