never running away | Teen Ink

never running away

I heard stories of people that always run away, I am not one of them. I am one of the people who never runs away. People judge me for never running away, but I do not listen to them since they are not as brave as me. When people would run away from danger, I would run right towards it. When people are in danger, I risk myself just to save that person. 

Therefore, when I got in a car crash, I had to save the person in the other car. It was November 3, 2015, I was driving home from work. When I was driving home, a car hit mine and luckily, I was wearing a seat belt. When I got my vision right, I got out of my car and stumbled all the way to the other car. Even though people were telling me to sit down, I made sure that I saved the person in that car. 

When I reached the other car, I saw that there was no one inside the car. “What the,” I said, “why is there no one in there?” I looked back toward the crowd, then I realized that the person that owned the car launched out of it since he was not wearing his seat belt. I rushed towards him. He was wounded and needed to be rushed to the hospital. Luckily, there was an ambulance that arrived shortly after. 

It turned out that the man was rushing away from a criminal that was trying to murder him. He was rushing away so fast that he did not even put on his seat belt. And it also turns out that the person he was running from left his keys in his car, which was locked. The lesson for this is if you are in danger, stop running away, it is time to stop letting your fears play with you. Run towards the danger and fight it off as quickly as possible. 

I want this piece to let people know that if you run towards the danger, it will see you as the danger