Day dreamin' | Teen Ink

Day dreamin'

January 20, 2022
By Anonymous

      I was stranded alone on a beach and I found a bottle stuck in the sand, with a note folded in it. Curiosity got the best of me so I opened the unaddressed bottle and went to read it. To my shock the note wasn’t even a note– it was a map supposedly leading to treasure on the island I washed up on. As I layed there, my back pressing up against the burning hot sand, under the scorching hot sun, I pondered the thought of if this was real, “why would I find this? Is this even real or did someone make this up?”. I was starting to daze off as I stared into the distance of the deep blue sea, hoping the sea would wash all my worries away, only to notice something in the sand. As I looked into it closer I noticed footprints traveling across the beach going into the luscious green jungle behind me. And without another thought, I jumped up and followed the footprints. I could only think and imagine what could possibly be in a treasure chest in the jungle. Gold? Money? Jewelry?  As I followed the map and the footprints, I became within reach of the X on the map. I the X was marked behind a huge tree. I walked to the tree and just as I was about to peek on the other side, snap! I jumped from my desk as my teacher was snapping her fingers in my face. I looked around only to realize I was in school during the frigid cold Wisconsin winter weather. There was no beach. There was no jungle. Or map. Or treasure. Or a big deep blue sea. Just me at a desk, daydreaming, in a freezing cold classroom.


The author's comments:

Im a highschool Junior and I think this piece really shows that Im a creative person.