My Life As a Not Very Normal Human Being | Teen Ink

My Life As a Not Very Normal Human Being

By Mateo1514 GOLD, Asuncion, Other
Mateo1514 GOLD, Asuncion, Other

"Do as you please, learn how you want, but always write with your heart." (Mateo Conde)

“Sorry, what? -- No, I mean, I don’t know”

“God Carl, just answer my damn question”

“I forgot what you asked, what’d you say?

“Forget it, Good Night!”

It’s two in the morning, and yet I’m still awake, I wonder when I will get my memory back. I’m aware of my risky-situation, I’m aware that I might die soon, according to my doctors.

I wonder what happened 10 years ago, I’m yet 19 years of age; moreover, I only remember 9 years of me. I live in America, In the state of Nevada, If you know this place, well you know how cold it can get.

It isn’t a mystery that I’m not good at math, or at anything. I lost my passion about volleyball and basketball, in less than a year, I’ll tell you later about it. Up to the present time, I do nothing after school. My routine’s pretty simple, it’s more like a circle, It starts in the morning, go to school, come back home, and sleep, and in less than a blinck, I’m at the beginning of my circle.

When I was 16, I was diagnosed with ‘dissociative disorders’; additionally, I was also diagnosed with diabetes at the same year of age. Since that tangible moment, my life had to change, it wasn’t quite what I wanted, yeah, at that time I’d rather stay in the internet my whole day, but not without volleyball or basketball, these were part of my life, two of the least things I could do. When the doctor suddenly broke the news: “Due to your condition, I’ll have to inform you’ll no longer be able to play any sports for more than 10 minutes.” For a second I thought he was joking, or doing some kind of ultimate joke, but no, he wasn’t.  

That week, was the hardest of my life, week of suffering, of knowing I wouldn't do what I love, my passion, my everything. It hit me more than expected, It seemed like I’d lost someone, it was just two sports, I recall, but it simply broke my heart into a thousand pieces.

Diabetes, and my amnesia have been a real challenge for me, “duh, of course.” I tend to eat what I find, when I want, and where I want. Even Though I know I shouldn’t there always this little monster inside my head saying: “Why doe it matter? You’ll be soon be gone for good! Live your life to the fullest” And guess what happens afterwards, I end up eating as much as my stomach can hold, it doesn’t matter what it is, coconut cookies (my favorites by the way) Maria cookies, or even a 2.5 liter new- freshy fruit juice. It is no question to ask why I’ve gained so much weight in the past few month, I think I have a stomach disorder, what is it called again? fatigue? Anyway, food, very important.

I’ve shown you all my main issues in my life, but if there is something that I have not touched much, it is the subject of my memory. I constantly have to be remembered to do do my things. But my amnesia I believe is not the same you know, I know what I should do, I know what I did yesterday, I know what I did two years ago. But I don’t remember what my life was like 10 years ago. I wonder every night if I was as silly as I’m today, I wonder If I counted every single calorie I ate, I don’t know. And sometimes it’s better not to know, this way, you’ll head will remain clean, with peace and purity.