9/11-flight 93 | Teen Ink

9/11-flight 93

October 3rd, 2009

"Alright, sit down. Get out your answers and look at your 9/11 answer."

I pulled out my answer and looked at it. The words couldn't even begin to describe my feelings toward this. That she would even ask this...

I shook my head then glanced at the board. The question caught my eye again and I looked down. Mrs. Blackmore had to stop this. I knew there was one kid in here that would make this a very interesting argument.

"Guys! Quiet! Let's get started. Here's the question: How do you think 9/11 happened and why?"

I waited for Micheal to raise his hand. For some odd reason, I knew who she would call on.
"Micheal, what do you think?"
"I believe that it was not terrorists, but President Bush's cabinet that planned 9/11.

Everyone stopped and glared at him. "Why do you think that, Micheal.

I quickly responded. "Mrs. Blackmore, I don't think that it would be a good thing for him to expand on that. It will only cause trouble."

"Freedom of speech, John."

"But-"

"I don't care! Now, continue, Micheal."

Micheal glanced around the room, then began to speak, his voice shaking under the might of the glares. "W-well, the planes were switched. Those were remote-controlled planes that hit the towers on 9/11. The real planes were hidden at a secret Air Force base." I balled my fists up and gritted my teeth as he continued.

"These planes then flew towards their targets. The first one hit the North tower, the second the South tower, and the third the Pentagon."

I nearly spat at him through my gritted teeth as I slowly spelled out each word. "What about the fourth plane?"

He smiled at me, then just said. "Well, they had to have some heroes! Unify the people for war!"

"So, all those people died to start a war?" I balled my fists up and gritted my teeth so hard that they had to be cracking.

"Yup! All for oil!"

I jumped up and slammed my fists on the desks, then pointed at him. "LIAR!!!! YOU ARE A LIAR!!!! UNIFY THEM FOR WAR??? MY BROTHER DIED IN 9/11!!! HE WAS ON FLIGHT 93!!!!" I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket and slammed it on the desk. "HE CALLED ME ON THIS PHONE! I HEARD EVERYTHING!! I HEARD THE SCREAMS!! I HEARD HIM!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THAT!?!?

"That he was paid just like everybody else!"

"WHAT?!?! ARE YOU SAYING THAT MY BROTHER IS ALIVE AND WON'T TELL ME?"

Alarmed, Mrs. Blackmore tried to stop me. "John..."

"SHUT UP!!" I turned back to Micheal. "IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING???"

Just as confident as before, Micheal simply said "Yes."

"BUT I HEARD HIM! I HEARD HIM! I KNOW HIS LAST WORDS BY HEART!!!! I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER THEM!!!"

My heart fell as his last words played in my head. "I love you, guys... I love you...." I hardly noticed the tears as I fell to my knees. "I love you, he said..."

"Hey John! Catch!" He threw the baseball at me as I prepared my glove. But it was to fast and I had to dodge it.

"Hey! I wasn't ready!"

"HAHA!! I know! That's what I'm going to help you with!"

My eyes lit up. "Really?"

"Yup! You've got to learn how to catch the ball if you want to play."

"Like you?" He picked me up and started laughing.

"Only if you want to, bud!"

"Yay!"

He put me down, then and got into what he called the 'ready position.' "Alright, get into this position." I jumped down like him, then fell to the ground.

He laughed and said "Come on! You won't get signed onto the Giants with that!"

Jordan made me stand up, but I let my eyes fall to his dirty shoes. He leaned down with me. "Whats wrong, kiddo?"

"How long will you be gone, Jordan?"

"Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it!"

"You sure?"

He smiled at that. "Sure I'm sure! Just a few meetings! No biggie!" I laughed, then let out a long yawn. "Whats the matter with you? I'ts only 8:00!"

"I'm tired, Jordan!"

"Alright, go to bed."

"Arn't you going to read to me?

"Of course! How about a Dr. Sues? That should put you out pretty quickly."

"O.K."

Then he carried me upstairs to my room, tucked me in, then grabbed the book. But, as soon as he opened it, I was asleep.

It was all like a dream. Jordan said something about leaving, then I was sleeping again.

I woke up a little bit later and looked at the clock. It was 9:45 A.M. I went downstairs and ate breakfast. After breakfast, I saw that my mom was watching something on TV, so I went outside.Then I saw my mom's phone. Of course, I wasn't aloud to touch it, but it was ringing, so I answered it.
"Hello?

"John? It's Jordan!"
"Jordan! Wh-"
"Where's Mom?"
"Jordan, what's wrong? You sound scared."
"Just get mom!" I almost did, but stopped.

"She's watching TV."

"Of course she is! Get her!"

"But-"

"John, I'm about to die!"

I stopped right there. "W-what?"
"John, I've got to- WHAT? THEY'RE DIVING??!!!??? John! I love you guys!" Then the line went dead.

"Jordan? Jordan?" Then I realized what had happened. I started screaming "JORDAN!! JORDAN!!! NO!!! JORDAN!!!!" MY mom suddenly appeared and dropped to her knees beside me. We both cried all day, knowing what had happened to Jordan.

October 3rd, 2009

I woke up in the middle of the classroom floor, a pillow under my head and the desks moved far away from me. My face and the pillow were soaked with tears. "Micheal, you're wrong, ok? Get over the fact that the government isn't evil."

Later that day, I went home and told my mom what had happened. After that, we both cried for the rest of the day.

I've written a lot of stories, but this one has got to be the first one where I actually changed my emotion from scene to scene.

Jakethesnake BRONZE, Hernando, Mississippi

"Read, Read... Read everything, then write."-William Faulkner

Thanks man

Hunter D said...
Very good story, very emotional and shows facts and important times and I like the order of events.

Guys, please rate it. I know that one person says that it is five stars, but what about the others?