Cytus III- Cytus | Teen Ink

Cytus III- Cytus

By Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Sand looks at the headgear covering Vanessa's face and sighs.

"It's your turn, Specialist." Pulseva puts a hand on his shoulder. "Do your thing."

Sand nods and frowns concentratedly at the screen, concentrating on his typing. His fingers fly across the keyboard quickly, tapping out the date, his code, the command, and the name of his love.

[29/Jul/2970:12:57:55]OPERATOR 201173V: requesting memory data, name=Vanessa

A click and a beep sound from the machine, followed by a long spell of whirring.

[29/Jul/2970:12:57:56]OPERATOR 201173V: 200 OK

Sand breathes out, unaware he had been holding his breath previously. The memories will be returned. He continues to type.

[29/Jul/2970:12:57:56]OPERATOR 201173V: requesting emotion data, name=Vanessa

The machine again whirrs loudly, but stops short in the middle. Sand pales and swallows nervously. Did he type something wrong? Looking over the code, it doesn't seem that he has. He does his best not to panic and reads the message on the screen.

[29/Jul/2970:12:57:57]OPERATOR 201173V: ERROR: 501 not implemented

[29/Jul/2970:12:57:57]OPERATOR 201173V: redirect to CYTUS to resolve conflicts

"Sand? What is the meaning of this?" Pulseva asks, leaning over his shoulder.

"I- I don't know!" he says. "Redirect to CYTUS?" He tries to decode the cryptic message. 501 means emotions... The emotions aren't implemented? But that's what he's trying to do! Does it mean the emotions aren't stored, then? They cannot be accessed? And how can he redirect anything?

Pulseva frowns. "She must have had too many feelings."

"What does that mean?" Sand asks, looking up at her. "Can't you bring them back?"

"Not all of them," Pulseva says. "We have limited memory space, remember? Ishihara went over this in that last meeting with Rayark."

"Then she'll have to live without her emotions?" Sand's eyes fill with tears. "She won't love me anymore?"

"You forget we have CYTUS, the database," Pulseva continues. "The database of music. When she hears the songs inside, her emotions will return for a short while. Have no fear, Sand."

Pulseva looks at Vanessa, still lying in her medicated coma. "All we need to do is take her to CYTUS."

Cytus is a rhythm game, but you do not need to play it to understand this piece. I do, however, recommend reading the first two parts to this (Cytus I- Operators and Cytus II- Disaster). 

Songs I listened to while writing: Saika Extended.

WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
Sounds good! Cant wait x

Sharkbait SILVER, Grant Park, Illinois

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
-Anne Frank

I'll check in occasionally, but if you could send me the link that'd be great!

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you, WOWriting. I'm going to upload more soon so you can read onwards. I think I'll finish at around ten to eleven chapters, though that might be a bit much for the plot I'm circling around.

WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
Love it! Enough said.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you, Sharkbait. It's always encouraging to have support, and you can bet I'll be uploading more soon. I'll submit today, hopefully, but it most likely will only be accepted by next week. Should I send you the link then somehow?

Sharkbait SILVER, Grant Park, Illinois

-Anne Frank

I really hope you keep writing this. It's really interesting. The plot is really good and seems well developed, yet it leaves room for interpretation (there are a lot of ways that the story could go). You're writing is very good and the piece is very promising. I can't wait until I can read more!

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you very much, CN. It's always nice to have support. I'm actually writing a third piece at the moment, fueled by your and everyone else's kind words.

CNBono17 SILVER, Rural, South Carolina

Lego ergo sum (Latin—I read, therefore, I am)
The pen is mightier than the sword—unknown
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity—1 Timothy 4:12

Interesting premise, interesting problem, interesting story:) I'm not a gamer, but the story makes sense; you do a good job of explaining. Nice work!

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you very much, Jsatsu! It's one of my favorite games and I based one of the characters on myself, so it's nice to know you appreciate them.

Jtatsu PLATINUM, East Brunswick, New Jersey
I've read all of the parts of your "serial fanfic" so far, and I have to say, it's very nicely done. While I haven't played the game, everything is made understandable and I appreciate that:) Nice job! It's not the easiest thing to write a good fanfic! If possible, can you read one of my writings ;) It doesn't matter which one. :P

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
lol I know but you made me get addicted to your writing

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

*feeds you writing* You read far too quickly, Muppet. I haven't time to write ;-;

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
So far SO GOOD! I am loving this so much!!! It just gets better and better as I continue to read. I want moreee lol. This is very amazing work you've done so far. keep writing!