Born to Fly (chapter one) | Teen Ink

Born to Fly (chapter one)

By Acastillo GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona
Acastillo GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona

Just because you have flaws, doesn't mean you aren't beautiful ~Zayn Malik

My feet stood inches away from the edge of the cliff and I stared at the canyon below me. It was sunrise and the warmth on my skin felt perfect, there was only one more thing that could make this day even better. Without hesitation, I jumped off of the cliff and soared to the ground. I passed one hundred feet. Two hundred feet. At the last second, I spread my wings and flew through the canyon like it was an obstacle course. It felt amazing to have the adrenaline pumping through my veins and for once, I felt free. I headed back to the cliff edge that I originally started at and saw that Drift was there waiting for me. For the fun of it, as I landed on the cliff, I skidded and dirt flew all over him.
"Have a good time?" He asked while he brushed the dirt off of his black t-shirt.
"You know it. Maybe you should give it a try."
"Yeah right, I would fly straight into the canyon wall. I'm gonna go get some food for us, wait here." He unfolded his wings, which were all white except for the tips. The tips were golden brown and his wings were about fourteen feet, while mines were only about thirteen. He flew off and while I waited, I tried to clean myself up. I scrubbed the grime off of my skin and was glad when my skin was back to normal. My skin is honey-colored and I have deep, clear blue eyes like the water in Hawaii. Drift on the other hand, has fair skin and light blue, almost green, eyes. The only thing we have in common, is our brown hair. Okay, his is really light and mines is really dark, but it's still brown. Just as I gave up on trying to get the tangles out of my hair, Drift came back. He set down a bag of cheeseburgers and fries and it smelled delicious. 
"Everest, I spent the last of the money, but look what I got." He said holding up a newspaper. When I saw it, I nearly dropped my burger in the dirt. On the cover of the newspaper, the headline read: BIRD KIDS CRASH DALLAS COWBOYS FOOTBALL GAME.
I realized who it was and said "That's her. That's Maximum Ride"

I love the maximum ride books and thought that it would be cool if there were other people who could fly like them.

Acastillo GOLD said...
Acastillo GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona

Thx! Haha I'll make sure to put up the next one some time soon

Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
LOL nice! put up the next chapter please! I wanna see how Drift asks to Fang!

karate12 said...
very touching to me