Summer Storm: A Twilight Continuation / Spin-Off Ch. 2 | Teen Ink

Summer Storm: A Twilight Continuation / Spin-Off Ch. 2

By Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas
Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

"I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou

"Did you know 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'" - Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn

She was beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off of her face, which was slightly elongated and rather perfectly sculpted. The girl was so still, however, I could have been looking upon a marble Venus. Her eyes, an unearthly mixture of topaz and onyx, drew me in for a closer look.

"Uh, hello," I said with a bit of caution.

I stared while I waited for her to reply in kind. She didn't respond. Her utter lack of response puzzled me. I was sure I spoke the correct greeting. I recalled that people in this sort of town enjoyed a sense of familiarity, so I introduced myself.

"I'm Max Storm. You are?" I questioned rather dazedly. She was very compelling, this girl, whose skin was as a pale as the snow.

"Uh, I'm new here," I added as an afterthought.

All I received in reply was more silence.

"I thought I didn't talk much," I mumbled under my breath. Her behavior completely went against the norm. I wanted to create friendships with the people in this town and everyone back home told me it would be easy. If the others were all like this girl I won’t accomplish that goal.

As I wrestled with thoughts of failure the clouds shifted suddenly and the rest of her frame was no longer hidden in the shadows. Blinking wasn’t necessary for my eyes to adjust to the light. My vision automatically corrected itself to the new conditions. I knew then that I had never seen her equal. This girl was one of a kind.

"You're very beautiful," I breathed.

Something in her expression changed as the wind kicked up around us.
Several emotions flitted across her face in the span of just a few seconds: shock; pain, or was it desire; anger; sadness; and finally, determination.

She held her hands in tight fists next to her body.

I felt only one thing, confusion. Had I offended her somehow? Was she waiting for an apology? If she is, she’ll be waiting a long time because I won’t offer her one as I meant what I said. She was beautiful and I could see in her eyes that it wasn’t just skin deep, which is a rarity back home.

Abruptly she turned her back to me and began walking stiffly, but yet somehow rather gracefully back the way she had first appeared.

"Wait! I don't even know your name. Please?" I called to her. Something inside told me that I had to find out her name.

She didn't turn towards me or even stop in acknowledgement of my desperate plea.

"Summer," she said with a voice that sounded like bells and wind chimes just as my shoulders started to slump in defeat.

The next thing I knew she had disappeared into the cover of the trees and was gone.

I stood rooted to the same spot for a long time. There were so many questions bouncing around inside my head. What had she been doing here, alone, so late at night? Why hadn't she spoken to me? Did she notice anything? Had I forgotten myself and let something slip? I clutched at thin air, but answers eluded me.

It was my responsibility to keep my true identity a secret from the people in this town. It's absolutely crucial no one finds out who I am or discovers my purpose for being in this place called Forks, Washington. I would be terminated
--- no questions asked --- if I were to expose or compromise my position.

I’ve had the misfortune of witnessing terminations before and I shivered involuntarily at the awful memories.

No, I didn't want to die. So I needed to find out if she knew anything, anything at all. If she did, well, I would just have to take care of things.

I cringed at the thought.

I saw her image in my mind as if she were still standing in front of me. In no way did my vision do Summer’s beauty justice. My greatest wish at the moment was for her to be safely in the dark about my mission.

Gradually, the night stars gave way to the rising sun, or at least the part that was visible through the overcast clouds.

I headed back to my ship, which I had stashed in a cavern close by the beach.

Home sweet home, at least, for the next six months anyway.

I crawled into my cocoon and zipped myself in for the night. I instantly received a mind relaxing tranquilizer from the cocoon’s equilibrium balancer, or healer. I’d had a long first day with many more still to come.

Thoughts slowly dissipated as my eyes grew heavy. Exhausted, I let the “healer” do its work and slowly drifted off to sleep.

All I had to do was find out where they existed; or if they even existed at all. Then I could go back home, or I guess I should say forward, since home was in the year 2090…

Ch. 2 of Summer Storm. It starts off with Max's perspective of Ch. 1 and then continues with the rest of his night. The Cullens aren't in this chapter, but they'll be coming soon. Once again, any and all Twilight Saga related material belongs to Stephenie Meyer. Please comment/review and rate. I will gladly return the favor.

AnnaNana PLATINUM, Corinth, Mississippi

Live the way you die- All of a sudden: That's the way to go.

um interesting. I liked it I just wasnt expecting time travel to be int the story

chelseabelle BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
Wow this was really great!! I'm not sure if your remember my story, "The Moon" but if you do, you can check out the second part which just got posted!! Please read it and let me know what you think :) TeenInk.com/fiction/romance/article/230738/The-Moon-Part-2/

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

Thanks! It's always great to hear that a reader wasn't expecting something. There will be a lot more to come, but it might take a while cause I write as I go, not ahead of time. Ch.3 is currently in the editing process. And I'll definitely check out your stuff.

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

I have to say that this chapter threw me off a bit. It was nothing like a suspect.  I'm not normally into vampires, but the ending to this made me want to read more. :)

xcrayolaxstormx SILVER, Coventry, Rhode Island

"Don't worry about it." -V.Z.

Haha okay. I'm glad it's soon to come. :)

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

thanks, I'm partial to it myself. LOL

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

thanks! I'm editing Ch. 3 right now, so that I can submit it and hopefully it won't take as long to be approved.

LeeAnn1996 GOLD, Vernon, Alabama

There's nothing to be afraid of if you face it first.

This was so awesome.I loved it even more than the first.

taylorf463 GOLD, Marion, Kentucky

If he'll lie for you, he'll lie to you.

An ending was an ending. No matter how many pages of sentences and paragraphs of great stories let up to it, it would always had the last word.

I love it! This is excellently written and you give such good character insight! love it!!! :)

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

good question. I'd rather not answer cause I don't want to give anything away. I'm glad you liked this chapter though.

"Don't worry about it." -V.Z.

I really liked this chapter. I liked the twist. 'Cuz you're like? Who is this guy? What's his "identity"? What's his "misson"? So I really liked it. And when he says "If they really exist" or whatever, is he talking about vampires?

Nonetheless, I loved it :)

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Thanks:) 

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

FYI:

1. I picked the year 2090 because that's the year I will/could/might turn 100. LOL

2. I have a Summer Storm: Character Description that I am currently working on so that

a. I don't have to explain everything that Twilight fans already know over again in my chapters.

b. So that those who haven't read the Twilight Series will have a better idea of who the Cullens are and their gifts.

c. That way my chapters won't be so cluttered with long descriptions of characters that most of you probably already know better than the back of your hand!

3. I do want to say that although The Cullens and Jacob will keep their personalities and traits from the Twilight Saga, it will be written based on MY interpretation of their characters. Dialogue is completely ORIGINAL.

4. Also, I have another Twilight Saga Related story in the works and the Coming Soon Introduction is awaiting approval.

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. It took forever for it to be posted. And I've been meaning to read your story for quite some time, but I wanted to read all chapters together and I just have had the chance. I definitely will though.

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

thanks! My story will mostly alternate between Summer's perspective and Max's perspective with each chapter. Sometimes it one might get two chapters in a row, especially if I split a chapter into parts. Ch. 3 is from Summer's perspective, which is written but in the editing process.

Also, be on the lookout for a Coming Soon Introduction to a new story.

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

AWESOME second chapter, even better than the first, great twist at the end.  Can't wait for more!

And btw, have you read what I've posted of my novel, Red as Coals, Black as Night?  'Cause if not, I could really use some feedback.

Just.A.Dream SILVER, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Part of the J7X team. :)

Very good chapter. :) I wish that Summer was involved more though, hopefully she will be in upcoming chapters!