Slave Mind | Teen Ink

Slave Mind

By Bruhve BRONZE, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Bruhve BRONZE, Chattanooga, Tennessee

Levalet. Reload. 2015. inkonpasters, street art, France.

Another rough night, sleeping through the rain. We are compelled to endure these hellish work conditions. “Look around to one another, remember death will hurt  everyone around you.” He announces daily. We are prohibited to sit down, communicate with one another, to rest unless it's the scheduled bed time, and not ignore that man. All these offenses are punishable by immediate death. We are controlled by one man, we are ruled over by a dictator. He is the one above us all. He makes us choose between eating at night or sleeping. You can only pick one. He constantly uses our fear of death to sway us the way he wants. It’s the same thing every hour of every single day. It's been forever since I've been able to enjoy sleep. It's been forever since I've sat down. It's been forever since I've felt any type of joy. There hasn't been a moment that thought of giving up hasn’t made me feel free. The only time I feel something is when im thinking of committing suicide. I feel the most freedom when thinking of ways to kill myself. He thinks death is gonna maintain his control over us, over me. While death is the only thing I feel will make me free. Even if my work mates get punished for my selfish act I don’t care. I’m not in charge of their lives. I don't have to carry their burden as well as mine. So I sat down.