Smile | Teen Ink

Smile

By Starks GOLD, Hartford City, Indiana
Starks GOLD, Hartford City, Indiana

"Monsters don't hide under your bed they sleep in your head" Unknown

This world is nothing but a series of events everything is already set in stone, every event is planned. Everything makes perfect sense but one element of the game we call life truly places me in a predicament and that is her smile. Her smile makes my heart clobber against my chest in an unnatural way and makes my body feel extreme amounts of warmth unnatural to me.  I cannot understand why one simple thing such as a smile can make my body feel as if it is not my own. Her smile confuses my mind clouding it with little notes of emotion that I cannot identify but through this event, I have agreed on one thing. I love her and I love her smile even though her smile makes my heart clobber, my body overheat and clouds my mind. The most important thing I have learned from this experience that everything is planned in life. Although love is something I will never be able to understand, try as I will I cannot understand why such simple actions such as giving her flowers can make her smile and make me fall in love with her again over and over.  

Emotions can be a really complex thing and many people see the world as a logical place. For people like that I can only say this, don't try to understand feelings! Emotions are meant to be felt and if you feel them that is ok. I understand how it feels to just want to understand why you feel certain things and that is ok, but don't shortchange yourself because of that.