Memory | Teen Ink

Memory

February 28, 2013
By Gabbsg SILVER, Covington, Louisiana
Gabbsg SILVER, Covington, Louisiana
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Razors pain you;
rivers are damp;
acids stain you; and
drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
nooses give;
gas smells awful;
you might as well live.


A lot of things come to people's mind when you're asked to analyze about memories. We all have good and bad ones. Memories are something that will always be with you and you will eventually look back at them and laugh. I have a lot of fun and sad ones but I try to recollect at the fun ones more than my sad ones. My favorite memory I have is my first time ever flying.

My trip began at 6 AM at my grammar school I remember it was cold because it was back in November of 2010. We all said our goodbyes to our parents than packed everything at the bottom of the hotard that drove us to Louis Armstrong International Airport. This would have been my first time ever flying and I was a little at ease but at the same time I was having panic attacks. We are all waiting at the airport to me all three of those airports have that same distinct smell and i could describe it as boring. I ended up sitting next to my two friends Carlo and Jack and that was just misery. My other friend Cade was making little scenes with his hands of crashing the plane but what got worst was the turbulence.

The turbulence scared me mindless but after that the plan ride was so fun. As we are flying in the air I felt so free. in the back of my mind I was thinking of all the bad things that would happen but I soon zoned those out. I tried falling asleep a couple times the longest nap i think i had was 40 minutes. We had to make two stops one in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport International Terminal and one in Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.

My favorite airport has always been Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport International Terminal. I loved Atlanta's airport i thought that it was the coolest thing. they had a smoothie king and everyone got either the Green kiddie cup smoothies or the at the time orange sized small ones. The thing is we were running late so we all had to sprint to our assigned gate G. It was time to board that plane which would only take us an hour and ten minutes to arrive in Ronal Reagan Washington National Airport.

The sunset was like something I have never seen before I will never forget it. The sunset was pink and orange and the clouds looked so amazing like soft cotton. We all had to do a head count once everyone sat down like the first flight nothing new she just did not want to make sure anyone was left behind. When we were flying in Atlanta it was night and the city was lit up in the sky, and it looked like a thousand dazzling stars and I was above it all. As we landed my ears popped like they did when I first got on so I started to chew some gum but I don't understand how that helps at all.

It's been about five days since my friends and I have been on this trip and now it is time for us to leave. As we packed up into the buses and waited in the airport something everyone at the time that they thought was funny had happened. It's funny because this would happen as we are at the airport. As we are hauling around our suitcases twice the size of and simultaneously getting gotten even more bigger as we move it is time to weigh in. I'll remember I was fourth in line just waiting with my pink suite case and my friend and his mom went to weigh in. You see they had a weight limit and if you exceeded it they charges you about 30 more dollars and his mom was like, "Carlo I don't think we are gonna make it..."

As we all eagerly watch them their first weigh in was a successes but little did we know his mom stuffed half of her stuff in his bag because she had no more room. Well thank God she did because she made it by .2 I will never forget that. Than as I take my metal and shoes off to go through the detector they say, "Ma'am I'm going to need you to steep aside we have to search your bags." I literally turned as red as the red laser on that metal detector. I stood their and watched as the confiscated my fresh and clean Victoria Secret pink spray, Fractious hair frizz serum, and heat protection. I was devastated when they took my stuff but I was glad I wasn't the only one out of my friends that this had happened to.

So it was time for us to board the plane and head back to Louisiana. As I was sitting in my seat between my two friends like before we were going crazy. First, Jack stuffs his gum into the online ordering magazines they stuff behind the sits in the pockets And just makes it squish closer and closer. After all of that and another stop at Georgia we are finally home and the trip had ended. This trip was probably one of the first memories I will always love from my first plane ride to all my trips to the Airports I will never forget this trip.