A Box of Secrets | Teen Ink

A Box of Secrets

By GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana
GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana

"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

A box of secrets lies buried on an old abandoned island that’s long forgotten. It is locked away with a heavy chain and the insides are unknown, for the pirates who put it there were lost at sea.

A box of secrets lies hidden in the pyramids. The sands of the past have kept it over the centuries and will guard it for eternity. The pharaoh who placed the objects in the box has kept the riddles nameless in the wrappings of a mummy.

A box of secrets is kept deep inside of a ruined house. Down in the basement a little girl-the age of six-slid it under the old furnace and left it. Now she is fading away, mind elsewhere, in a nursing home.

A box of secrets dwells far down inside of me. The mysteries that are in it are slowly being found. I’m the only one with a key; I’m the only one who can open it. Soon, my box of secrets will be gone.

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

Really cool, great story!

-John Erslcine

Thanks! ;)

Cutey-Beauty SILVER, Ulaanbaator, Other

Soli Deo Gloria.

Wow. This is breathtaking. Amazing work. KEEP WRITING! :D

-John Erslcine

Thank you! I'm glad it got you thinking. :)

-John Erslcine

Thanks for reading! :)

on Jul. 24 2013 at 11:58 am

-John Erslcine

Thanks! I'm glad you did.

on Jul. 24 2013 at 11:57 am

-John Erslcine

Awww, thank you. :)

on Jul. 24 2013 at 11:57 am

-John Erslcine

I'll have to work on that. Thanks for reading though!

on Jul. 24 2013 at 11:56 am

-John Erslcine

Thanks!!     

E.J.Mathews GOLD, International Falls, Minnesota
Awesome! Very thought provoking, and a very good read. Excellent work.

GreekGoddess BRONZE, Andover, Connecticut

"The unprepared rebel dies in the fire."
~unknown

Good job, very interesting. I really liked it, espesily the part where only the narator can open their box.

In_Love_with_Writing GOLD, Easton, Pennsylvania

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Nice job. I liked it :)

Sarah1517 GOLD said...
Sarah1517 GOLD, Vashon, Washington

We never really grow up. We only learn how to act in public.

Love it. The last bit especially. Very nicely put together with a bang to end it!  

Emma-Riley PLATINUM, No, Other

"Take my hand i give it to you, now you own me all i am, you said you would never leave me, i believe you, i believe..."
-Flyleaf

this is great! i love being able to picture what i'm reading while i read it, kind of like a miniture movie in my mind if you know what i mean, and i could picture this perfectly! good job!

Stella_Val_Illicia GOLD, Salt Lake City, Utah

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad idea."
--Douglas Adams

This is really wonderful! I loved how you used all of these famous yet hidden locations. This piece really makes the reader think deeper about things. It's a great idea.

IMSteel BRONZE said...
IMSteel BRONZE, Wallhala, South Carolina

"Learn from Yesterday, live for Today, hope for Tomorrow" - Albert Einstein

"Brevity is the Soul of Wit" - The Which

You have a talent for imagery, idea, and your wording is pretty good, only lacking a tightening of the language to keep the reading flowing.  Great job!

Apollo77 PLATINUM, Brunswick, Ohio

"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”
"Madame, all stories, if continued far enough, end in death, and he is no true-story teller who would keep that from you."
-Ernest Hemingway

cool. I like the whole repetition thing going on...I have to say that maybe it's too philosophical for me to understand, but that's good don't worry!