Forever Loved | Teen Ink

Forever Loved

By VelanedeBeaute GOLD, Sialkot, Other
VelanedeBeaute GOLD, Sialkot, Other

I vow to shine, like a sapphire, some gem!
I promise, not to whine, but smile till the end.
The symphony of my life
like a violin I will play,
I would vouch,
Vehement to my life I lay.

Dear Life,

I Love you. I have to confess this, even though it is so hard for me, given all the circumstances, considering all what has been going on lately. I couldn’t speak it all or the nurses would have thought I’ve been mentally affected, and I might be sent to the trauma centre. But I had to talk to you, for I may not be able to be with you anymore. If we part, which I believe is sure to happen; I still want you to know how beautiful you are!

I was an apparition; you held my hand and made me alive. You brought me to this world; you preserved me as a treasure with the world’s most beautiful parents. You let them shower all their love on me, you let me be the light of their life, and you showed me the brightest illumination of the phenomenon I once called perfect happiness. You stayed with me all along and tried to bring me the heaven. But dark times descended, and death was getting jealous, so he snatched mom and dad away from me. I wept and cried, I begged him not to do this, but he was so stern. He asked you to give me away to him too, but you took my custody, and you vowed to protect me and cherish me till the very end. You kept your promise and I appreciate that. You loved me and I loved you back. You valued me and I held you in esteem. And then one day, you strangled the thread of my life with someone else.

I know you were overburdened, and you had to go on and handle other souls as well. I didn’t mind, because I was overwhelmed by your gesture " you had placed my soul carefully in some one else’s heart, you knew It’d be safe there. The custodian really took care of it, you made the right choice, and you didn’t let me flicker over the horizon of betrayal. I saw him polishing the diamond of my soul whenever the shine faded a little, I saw him checking the locks every night to make sure no thief could steal it, I saw him encasing it in bigger and stronger boxes so I wouldn’t get hurt. It couldn’t have been more perfect; the journey you rowed me on had an edge of beauty, a periphery of perfection, a taste of sweetness and calmness, and it went on among the valleys of heaven. The man, you entrusted me to, was meant to be mine forever " you had placed me with the right soul mate. Something I wouldn’t have been able to find even if I searched across the seven skies, even among the depths of the earth.

But death was getting jealous. He couldn’t bear to see you winning again. He couldn’t see me happy, knowing that I was your ally. He couldn’t see me being loved. He had planned to deprive me of peace and love by taking away mum and dad with him, and he couldn’t be angrier seeing me with my man. So one night he crept in through the window and clasped his hands round the neck of Samuel, and he took away my eternal love while I was fast asleep.

How shocked was I to know of my loss the next morning I woke up.

I couldn’t be but more heartbroken to see that the only three people I’ve ever loved in my life had been segregated from me, leaving me as a monument of desperation, despair and hope. I tried to live alone, and you visited me again to uplift my strengths and courage, but I failed to demonstrate my brevity this time.

All I remember is that I clasped my fingers around the knife and swished the blade along the length of my arm. All I remember is the flash of the silvery grey blade blinding my cornea, and nothing more.
My breaths are contracting, and my heart is beating non-rhythmically. I know that death has apparently won the war for he is coming to take me away. In my mind’s eye, I see him getting excited for he had defeated you on me, but the victory is truly yours for my heart belongs to you, only you.

My soul will depart, but courtesy to you, I was forever loved. And I pursue love, in face of death, still.

Sincerely yours

Rachel.