christmas day | Teen Ink

christmas day

By bulby545 SILVER, Butternut, Wisconsin
bulby545 SILVER, Butternut, Wisconsin

when life gives you lemons you make apple juice

winternight.docx

This reminds me of a night long ago when I was once a young boy, it was a beautiful Christmas evening the sun setting over the western horizon. There was a distinct smell of turkey and honey ham from a Christmas meal like you could almost taste the sweet flavor of the meal with its sweet potatoes, the delicious ruby red cranberries, and the juicy flavor of the ham and a drizzle of some fresh maple syrup the feeling was a joyous and happy one, lights were hung up upon the trees in the park, and the sounds of laughter and singing from children and carolers, then when the lights glimmered off the snow made the ground shine like the stars, and with every breath the bitter winter cold makes you shiver, Sledding down hills and falling face first into the icy snow banks, having a snowball fight with the neighboring kids and getting that painfully cold hit on the back of your neck, just being young and letting your body numb preparing you for the warmth a nice cup of hot chocolate with whip cream and a stick of peppermint with your loved ones, while cracking walnuts by the warm fire, this night really is like a night from long ago.

WARNING YOU WILL BE HUNRGY

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Fortunately or unfortunately, I already had lunch. ^u^ But I must say, amazing imagery throughout.

Hannabug GOLD said...
Hannabug GOLD, Winona, Minnesota

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the Divine." Ludwig van Beethoven

This makes me sooooo hungry reading this lol

Smileykin234 SILVER, Owasso, Oklahoma

I'm not lazy, I'm an energy saver.

CANT BEAT ME THEN jOIN ME1

Awsome sauce!

Detective_Finn SILVER, Houston, Texas

A great day starts with the thought of having one. Joseph Dixon

Very good story. Sounds realistic.

Prometheus PLATINUM, East Aurora, New York
GIVE ME A PEPPERMINT STICK.  haha is this really fiction?  Great imagery, very accessible prose.