Why Claire Left | Teen Ink

Why Claire Left

By CourtCourt DIAMOND, Franklinville, New York
CourtCourt DIAMOND, Franklinville, New York

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

People ask me why Claire left, and I must answer with simplicity. I do not know the actuality of the matter, all I know is that she is gone, vanished into the night. The sacredness that had once held us together, diminshed slowly over the painful span of the last couple of years. It pains me to see the vacancy of her coushioned chair, to know (somewhere deep in my conscious, I must know) that I will never be granted another chance to drown myself in her clear blue eyes or to mutter soflty into her ear, a truth that I did not utter enough: I love you Claire. Does she ever, perhaps, think of me? Or, do I not contain enough relevance to her to ever cross her mind? I do not know. I do not know why she left, why she took only her love and my heart. Accursed love! Vanquish yourself and take these sadisitic demons with you! They plague my soul, slowly churning a knife of agony through my core. CLAIRE! My sweet, sweet, beloved Claire... I just want a second chance. No, not even that, I just want a chance to tell you the deepest, darkest secret that dwells in the chamber where my heart used to be:

I always have and always will… love you.