My Story | Teen Ink

My Story

April 18, 2011
By SimplyRachel PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
SimplyRachel PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
48 articles 6 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."
~Unknown
"Things change, friends leave, and life doesn't stop for anybody."
~Stepgen Chbosky


Darkness surrounds me. But the water feels so cool on my burning skin. I close my eyes tight as i sink down lower. Up above i hear someone call my name. I let myself rise to the surface. "What are you doing?" My friend Alexa asked. "What does it look like?" I asked. "I'm trying to get away fro the hubbub of life." I sighed and closed my eyes. "OKayyyy then." Alexa said. "I'm gonna walk away now." "Fine by me." I said. I was about to jump back in whenever my dad came up. I groaned and rolled my eyes. "I am leaving to go and get your sister." He said. "OK." I shrugged. He started getting onto me and yelling at me. But i guess when your dad is a former alcoholic, that's what ya get. He walked off and i jumped back in the water. When I'm in water I'm filled with such serenity and calmness. The shower, pool, ocean, lake, even rivers. Under the water i get to escape all the noise and craziness and stupidity of everyday life. Believe me, it works. I recommend it f you just wanna get away from things. If you have no access to a body of water, find some rain and just go outside and stand it with your arms outstretched and your head back and eyes closed tight. Its better than meditation. It clears your mind, erases your anger, clears your frustration and just fills you up with peace and serenity. I hear a bunch of screams which break my thought process. Why does she always have to talk about me?! I'm her older sister for crying out loud! Even all my "haters" don't talk about me as much as she does. I sigh...well i tried to, i was under water so it was more like bubble bubble bubble slush slush slush. I rose to the surface again and got out and walked inside the house. I went to my room and slammed the door behind me. I changed into my silkyish pajamas and searched for my ipod. I don't know how or why but i always seem to miss place it. I finally found it and plugged it into my speaker and put on Pain by Three Days Grace. I plug my phone charger into the wall and put my phone onto charge. I sat down on my bed and closed my eyes as all my thoughts rushed through my head. I must have sat there for twenty minutes just letting my music run and my thoughts gather. Then i took out my notebook and pencil and wrote down the story. The story of me, Rebecca Carter, a true story of life, love, and everything else.


The author's comments:
I had a lot on my mind the day i wrote this. Out of all the thoughts in my cluttered mind, this was formed.