Obscure | Teen Ink

Obscure

By Supriya PLATINUM, Palampur, Other
Supriya PLATINUM, Palampur, Other

Poetry spills from the cracks of broken heart, but flows from the one which is loved.

Induced by her own sense of guilt, she sat alone. She sat quietly, felt helpless. There used to be a time, when her "innocence" used to be her weakness. But today she is overwhelmed by her own temper. Nature has created some regulations and we human beings obviously have to follow them. Things change, seasons change, even people change, but in the end nothing is left in our hands. She observed some changes in herself and she hardly had any problem with it. But those changes were bringing "obscurity" in her. She didn't liked it and was not finding any way of being plucked from "obscurity". She used to be obsequious and that's why she was almost loved by each and every creature on earth. Everyone still loves her, but not in that way.

During her entire lifetime, she had spent countless hours waiting for something whether it was her dad who arrived home late at night when she was always slept or a phone call from a long distance friend. She never wanted to lose any person in her life, rather she always wanted to preserve them in her life. Today, she was surrounded by an unusual aura of emptiness. People say things usually happen when you expect least of them. That was probably true she thought. Maybe today she was known by only a few people who love her least because her soul was contaminated with the dirt of her own innocence. Her broken wings are enough to chase her own dreams.

Gazing up at the sky, she realized that it was too late to sit outside on a cold December night. She went in, turned off the lights. Before entering the world of nightmares she drenched her soul with her tears and wit each tear she shed, she realized,

"The worst is yet to come."