Unspoken Love | Teen Ink

Unspoken Love

By riteren BRONZE, Oak Park, Michigan
riteren BRONZE, Oak Park, Michigan

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% your reaction to it"

Do you realize, you have the most beautiful face. No matter what angle I look at it from, I love it. Like a prism, each angle brings in its own unique light. I can't stop looking at you. You dazzle me; every time you walk, my eyes follow you. You are my lifeline and I could not exist without you. I love you.

I don't want you to leave me, not ever. When you hesitate, when you seem like you might go, I cry. I can't help it, but tears just pool at the edge of my eyes.
When you pause, turn back, and smile into my eyes, and stroke my cheek, and whisper, “I'll be right back”, I sigh, relieved.
I wait anxiously for your return; stirring uneasily, unable to sleep much. Every second that you are away pains me, and my heart beats frantically with worry.

Oh, I know we spend hours together, but I still need more. I like the way you hold me closely in your arms, and the way your skin smells. I love how you whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and how you are always there for me, no matter what.
I know sometimes I am not the best person, but we both know that I am working towards it. You are my role model in every sense of the word. Everything that you do goes down on my checklist, because I want to be just like you.

You know, sometimes love is hard. We look at each other occasionally, and I wonder what goes through your head. Sure, you haven't slept a lot these past couple of months, and I know it's my fault. I'm really sorry for keeping you up at nights, but I just couldn't help myself.
The bags under your eyes are well-defined, but you're still beautiful. And I know that no matter what, you will always love me.

You say I am the greatest thing that ever happened to you. You tear up when you look at me, and you stroke my hair and sigh. You can't bear to part from me either, even if it hurts you. I know, and I understand, because I feel the same way.

The time I didn't let you go out at night, because I wanted you all to myself? I'm sorry about that, and in the future, you can go out more. I'm getting more used to the idea, you know? It took me awhile, because when you leave the room, it's like a light goes out. Crazy, it's true, but I know you feel the same way about me, because as soon as you see me, your eyes light up.
I am your light, and you are mine.

Oh, there are so many things I wish to tell you, so many wonderful things. I wish sometimes that I could just say them all without scaring you, without making your beautiful heart jump in fright.
But that is not the case, and so, instead, I don't say a word.
One day I will tell you all this, one day, when I finally can. And I will start with your name, the beautiful word to match your beautiful face.
Hug me tight when you say goodnight, and kiss me softly on my cheek when you tell me you love me. And one day, soon, when I'm grown up, I will say:
Mom, I love you. I love you too.