Dark and Dank | Teen Ink

Dark and Dank

By a-skaar SILVER, Acworth, Georgia
a-skaar SILVER, Acworth, Georgia

Somewhere through the thick brush of the forest a pack of wild dogs awoke in the dead of night. The moon, full and bright, seemed closer to the earth than usual. The pack started to run. In a house along the forests edge a girl awoke from a dream. Dampened by cool sweat and tears. It wasn’t a nightmare, but jolted her enough for her to wake. She got out of bed. The alpha dog lead the pack in search of their next meal. They were coming close to a small mountain and began the accent to the top. As she descended the stairs of her home she head a noise. Dismissing it as her dog, she went into the kitchen to get a glass of water. As she turned the knob to the sink something, someone, grabbed her. Their nostrils were flaring with the smell of breakfast. There were deer close by. Pausing, the alpha dog smelled the cool nights air to track the deer’s location. As the cool surface of a blade graced her neck, the girls face began dampening once more. The alpha dog charged. 200 meters. 100. 50. The pack was closing in. She couldn’t utter a word. It was happening too fast. The dogs felt the deer’s warm flesh on their tongues. The knife slid across her bare neck. She fell to the floor. All they could taste was blood. Somewhere in the depths of the dark, dank forest, with a bright full moon shining overhead, a dog howled.

I really have no idea why I wrote this, but I like it and I hope you do too.