Remaining Rainbow | Teen Ink

Remaining Rainbow

August 14, 2010
By AndreaD GOLD, West Chester, Pennsylvania
AndreaD GOLD, West Chester, Pennsylvania
11 articles 6 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four legs, four arms and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them apart, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other half.


Embedded in the misty, thick air, sprouting out through the forest of trees, lush and moist, green and lively, lingers a rainbow. A rainbow; red like a blazing fire. It devours the land greedily like the devil himself. A rainbow, green like the serenity of angels; calm and buzzing like an army of ants packing up for the cruel winter. A rainbow, blue like a caring river. If flows and creates a safe coven for the bustling creatures below. A rainbow, grey like a rainy day, the dull sky staring out endlessly and hopelessly. Purple as mysterious and majestical as the mountains beyond the horizon; the darkness enveloping you in as you stare into it mindlessly. Golden as if I was the Sun Goddess myself. Color after color, night after night, day after day, the colors change throughout, but the glistening rainbow still remains.


The author's comments:
8th Grade Assignment