My memory of you | Teen Ink

My memory of you

By ella_09 GOLD, Valencia, Other
ella_09 GOLD, Valencia, Other

I wish you death,
And yet,
I wish to be the flowers that’ll bloom in your carcass.

The scorching sun hung over our heads, the waves against the coastline clashed in the distance. The sun behind you traced a golden outline on you and made you look angelical. I hated you. I hated you so much I couldn’t hate you no longer. It was pain and it was love. Tears streamed down my face, blurring your face, and I couldn't care.

—————————————————————————————————————

Little ants marched in line along the branch, a cool breeze made my hair float and I smiled. The setting sun slowly turned orange in the horizon and the celestial dome extended behind me, splashing the sky with stars. As the velvet coloured night quickly crawled over me I walked home. My little flashlight created a halo in front of me and soon I found myself in front of your house. The fire had consumed the garden, now a sad grey patch, the windows were broken and the wood splintered and ashes covered the ground. I couldn't contain myself and I walked in, holding onto the flashlight while shy tears streamed down my cheeks and the floor creaked underneath my feet. I could hear the walls whisper and the wind cry.