Monologue | Teen Ink

Monologue MAG

Tonight, I am gazing up into the dark sky, looking for falling stars. The wind blows hard, rattling the wooden gate and sweeping hair across my face. The stiff breeze is tense and restless, like a storm is brewing. It feels like Mother Nature is flaunting her power. The gales shaking the strongest trees make me invincible, even though I am not. This particular night, I believe I might have enough energy to control the destiny of the entire world....

The falling stars, on the other hand, render me infinitesimal. The universe is so incredibly endless, and I am a mere speck of dust to a speck of dust. They aren't really falling stars, or even shooting stars. I heard once that they were meteorites, sizzling up with white heat as they sliced through the atmosphere. I guess falling stars are just someone else's romantic notion....

The meteorites started falling frequently a few minutes ago. Sometimes it's beautiful to see this sort of natural fireworks display. An elf told me that I could make a wish on a falling star come true if I wished with all my heart. I don't think you can always believe elves, they like to play tricks on my kind....

The stars are falling one by one now. A little while ago, I spoiled everything by thinking about how nice it would be if I could share the moment with you. Maybe I'm interpreting life and love the wrong way. I wonder if the emptiness inside me is bigger than the void out there, where the stars fall, burn and disappear. Somehow I thought you would be different. I suppose I can't assume anything, and no one's perfect either. Read this to know how I feel and realize that I am here, quietly missing you. There's another falling star.... n

i love this !

Sam/abe SILVER said...
Sam/abe SILVER, Barton-le-clay, Other
whats with the elf???? otherwise it's good. i like the last bit best. you should write more stuff