Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

By My_Swamp BRONZE, Pewuakee, Wisconsin
My_Swamp BRONZE, Pewuakee, Wisconsin

In English, my name means “From the Land of Eoghan”. It means boldness, delightfulness, and easy- going. It is the number eleven. My name is the color blue. Blue is the color of the sky. It signifies trust, loyalty, wisdom, and determination. My name symbolizes the ocean, relaxing and it has plenty of secrets and mysteries. It is a white car parked in-between two black cars.

It was my grandpa's name. He was a truly intelligent man. He was a lawyer and a very genuine one too. He was extremely easy-going.

He was rather bold during high school, at least looking back on his high school pictures. He always had distinctive haircuts than other teenagers, rather than a mullet he would be bald. He would always show his distinctiveness, like a dalmatian showing off his spots to his owner. At the same time, he would never do these things just to show off, like a dog doing a trick so he will get a treat, a street performer doing his elegant show that no one has seen anywhere. All doing these things so that they have a significance in life.

At Jimmy Johns, my name symbolizes a hard worker, a golden soul, and a leader, like a bear hunting food for his family. A comedian performing his show for the audience. Like a president giving his electoral speech. My co-workers call me “TG”, it's a rather different nickname. I favor TG over Tyler because I know it signifies something, like a gold medal to Olympic performers. “TG” is a ballet dancer performing her authentic dance that no one has seen before.  My name will be treasured, just how Michael Jordan”s name is known for the best basketball player ever.

At school, my name is basic and boring. Like a plain bagel with no cream cheese, a white t-shirt and jeans outfit, plain and dull. That's why I want to change my name to “Tye”, something that stands out, a basketball player executing a half-court game-winning shot, I want my name to be forever treasured.

I wish to change my name to “Tye” instead of Tyler. That name is authentic to me other than Tyler. Just how a rhino's horns are authentic to them.