The Basement Hero | Teen Ink

The Basement Hero

By The.King SILVER, Golden, Colorado
The.King SILVER, Golden, Colorado

"A story's beginning is a sudden event. The start, a happy accident; the end, the fate for which it's meant. A story that never ends is a sad fate."-Miss Edel

I scan the area with my scope, but I can’t see the enemy. I know they’re around, so I jump off of my ledge to the ground below. I’m right in the middle of them! There’s no time to aim… BAM! I fire my sniper rifle and land a lucky shot. One down, four to go… Another has his back turned to me, I swiftly yank him towards me and plunge my knife into his chest. Two down. I switch to my magnum and fire in rapid succession. One, two, the third bullet connects right in the head. A fourth is right on top of me! No time to reload, so I lash out with a violent punch. I hit him, but he doesn’t go down. This time, the enemy goes for the strike, but he misses! It’s a lucky break, but there’s no time to celebrate. WHAM, this one connects with the force of a battering ram, and number four falls dead. I’m still alive but I need to take cover, this last one and his friends are dropping rounds all over me. I toss a grenade, hoping to thin their numbers a little bit as I crouch behind a small rock. A detonation and number five drops with a sixth hurt.

Back to the magnum, a quick reload and I pop back up firing. Eight rounds fly downrange in a matter of seconds and numbers six, seven, and eight go down under the withering hail of bullets. No ammo left! I toss my last grenade which finishes off number nine. I switch to my sniper rifle and take aim at the last one. Only one bullet left. This one has to count. A slow breath and… BANG!

“KILLIONAIRE!” declares the announcer. “Oh my GOD!” Back in the real world I drop my controller and throw my arms up in triumph! The room is in chaos. Two of my friends sit speechless with their mouths agape, while the rest stand filling the room with roars of “OOOOAAAAHHH,” and “NO WAAAYYYYY!” A Mountain Dew lies spilling its contents on the floor where it’s been knocked in all the commotion, along with a slice of half finished pizza and an upturned plate. Such is the story of the Basement Hero

Playing video games at a friends house

Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else - Erna Bombeck

In three words i can sum up everything I've learned in life: it goes on -Robert Frost

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

i don't em...play video games but this is good but i think i would appreicate it more if i played video games but i still like it :)

_Mags_ SILVER said...
_Mags_ SILVER, Somewhere, North Carolina

- I stare danger in the face and giggle
- Never argue with an idiot, people might not know the difference
-R.A.P (Retards Attempting Poetry)
-Tip Cologne ryhmes with alone

Nice, you have made many video gamers proud

xx..PieIsAwkward..xx BRONZE, Godfrey, Illinois

"stap it, rahn"

Video games are life. This is a spectacular story :]

Origami_Ferret SILVER, Virginia Beach, Virginia

"Let's go."
"We can't."
"Why not?"
"We're waiting for Godot."
--------------------------------
"Get thee to a nunnery!"

Ahahaha, I loved this. I can totally see it happening, too. Well done.

The.King SILVER, Golden, Colorado

Good times huh?  ill remember times like these

AaronLawrence SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri

I may be an idiot, but i'm not stupid

Until you change me enough that i'm convinced I need to change, I won't change

This was super good.  At first i started reading and i'm like is he serious, has he ever heard of realism, but when i reached the end this perfectly describes video game action, as well as all the afternoons spent in my friends basement eating pizza and playing vids.