Murder Next Door | Teen Ink

Murder Next Door

I had just brushed my teeth and was about to head in for the night. Suddenly, I heard something break and went to the window.

“Not again,” I thought to myself. The neighbors were auguring again; their baby crying a few rooms from the scene. “It’ll be at least an hour before I get any sleep.”

I stood at my window and watched the fight; I had nothing better to do. Their screams were very audible, but unclear all the same. There were things being thrown around and broken in the dark house next door. I went to bed for it had been well over an hour. The best I could do was try to sleep through the chaos.

Suddenly, I heard a loud crash, a faint scream, and then, dead silence. The silence grew and grew. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. I ran to the window and looked in horror into the grey house next door.

He was on his knees, face in hands. Tears were very visible in his cold eyes. He began rocking himself back and forth, cradling himself in his own thoughts. I saw him stand and wipe his face clean. He was no longer crying. The look on his face was the look of a job needing to be done. He dimmed the lights and hustled a large, limp figure into a back room, out of sight.
Within minutes, he was dragging a white trash bag out of the house and down the side stairs. There were red smears on the sides and edges of the tightly tied bag. He dragged the bag behind the house with one hand, and in the other, carrying a shovel.

shotoo said...
Nice story,Does it have a squeal? It is a really good cliff hanger and I want to read more!

KyraSapphire said...
KyraSapphire, Fort Worth, Texas
Really good story! Is there a sequel? It is very suspenseful, and it leads up to a REALLY good cliffhanger.

paulponcho BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I really enjoyed reading your short story. I like the build up of suspense that lead to the overall climax of the story. Lines such as "There were red smears on the sides and edges of the tightly tied bag," made the story so detailed I could picture the scenes in my head. Keep up the great work!

crissypenguin PLATINUM, Sixmile, South Carolina

only you can control you

well done on this piece

samchichi BRONZE, Lake Worth, Florida

1)Nobodys perfect, deal wih it
2)I don't care what anyone thinks of me, i'm me and i won't change for anyone!!
3) If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all!!!!!!!!!!

omg I got goosebumps!!

SonOfApollo GOLD, Katy, Texas
wow that was freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jud193 BRONZE said...
Jud193 BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
Nice piece. I would be scared though if that man saw me watching. Good job, keep it up.