My Living Dream | Teen Ink

My Living Dream

By Saphira96 SILVER, Crestwood, Kentucky
Saphira96 SILVER, Crestwood, Kentucky

I have 3 but here they are:
Truly Great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away. And the only problem is time.

I was in a coma; petrified. I was struck by spinning stars, and suddenly I had became out of whack. Suddenly I’m flying; flying over the Atlantic Ocean. Next thing I know, a mermaid jumps out of the water; she winks at me. Now she flies even higher and she comes up to my height and pulls me into the water with her.

I looked at my feet, but they weren’t there. They have been replaced with fins. I screamed as if someone had shot me.

“Don’t worry, you must calm down.” The mermaid exclaimed. That made me scream even louder. I started gasping for air since I realized I had been under the water for a couple of minutes now. How am I still alive? I should be dead! I looked at my neck and there were gills.

“What did you do to me?” I demanded.

“I turned you into a mermaid!” She answered.

“But why me?”

“You’re the chosen one Andi!

“The chosen one for what? And how do you know my name?”

“I told you, you’re the chosen one, and you’re supposed to help me save Atlantis!”

“But I didn’t sign up for this.”

“That doesn’t matter, you’re our only hope. Please help us!”

“What’s in it for me?”

“We’ll let you wake up from you’re coma immediately after you help us.”

‘Fine, I’ll help you.”
“Thank you so much!”
I looked around me and I spotted a rainbow of fish. There were millions of fish swimming circles around us. It made me feel like I belonged.
“So what do I have to save you from?” I questioned.
“You have to save us from the aliens.” She replied.
“What are aliens doing underwater? And where are these so called aliens?”
“They are at the palace hurting my father, but I don’t know the reason why their here.”
“Who’s your father to them?”
“My father is the king of Atlantis.”
“How am I supposed to kill them with?”
“Use the force Andi, the force.”

“How do I use the force?”

“Don’t worry I’ll teach you! Plus you can use super powers!”

“I have super powers! That’s awesome, what super powers do I have?”

“You can fly, see through objects/people, run fast, shoot lasers through your eyeballs, control things with your mind including minds and objects.”

“Wow, I want to try” So I opened my eyes and shot a piece of seaweed and it incinerated right before my eyes.

“So can you teach me how to use the force now?” I wondered.

“Yep, all you do is make your mind concentrate on doing something to some else. Let’s just say you want to push me concentrate on pushing me and I will simply move backwards. Why don’t you give it a try?”

“OK, I think I can do it.” I said unsure. I put my fingers on my temples and I think of the anger of pushing, then I focus on her and she moves backwards. I can’t believe I actually pushed someone with my mind!

“Good job, you did it! You can use that against anybody; you can also use a force pull or a force joke. You just need the right amount of concentration to do them.”

“This is awesome! Will I have these powers even when I wake up from my coma? It would be so cool to control the baseball to make it a home run; these powers would make me the best baseball player ever!”

“I’m not sure, but I might be able to do something better.”

“like what?”

“I honestly don’t know, but I’ll think of something; I promise.”

“OK, please point to the palace, young princess.”

“The palace is to our right.”

I grabbed her hand and we blasted off in the direction of the palace.

“So do you have a name princess?”

“Just call me Ariel.” She exclaimed.

“You have a very pretty name.”

“You as well Andi, I assume your real name is Andrea but you prefer it your called Andi. Am I right?

“Yes you’re correct.”

We were traveling at the speed of light. Man this ocean is big and beautiful, I thought.

“It sure is.” Ariel exclaimed.

“How did you know what I was thinking?” I questioned.

“That’s my power, well one of them. I’m telekinetic like you.”

“Awesome; can we both use the force?”

“Yes, that’s how I was able to teach you how.” She replied, “With both of us fighting together we surely will succeed!”

All of a sudden we see a colossal structure, a structure that looks as if it came from heaven. It was so stunning. I could see the reflection of the sun radiating on it.

“Wow, this is you’re house!” I exclaimed.

“Yep it sure is. Now let’s go kick some alien butt!”

We burst through the doors which were gilded with gold. We see these giant, green, ugly looking aliens. They were holding giant sword against this merman’s chest. The merman was holding a gold fork like thingy. Wait a minute, that’s not just a fork that’s a Triton so that must be…

“Daddy!” Ariel screamed. “Don’t worry we’ll save you!” We lunged towards the aliens. I shot at them with my laser eyes; unfortunately they dodge them like Neo dodging bullets in the matrix.

“Kids, use the force!” Ariel’s dad yells. So all of a sudden I start using the force choke on one of the aliens. The alien then blew up due to suffocation. 1 down 5 to go! So I use my mind control powers on four of the aliens, they start punching and kicking each other. Final they all die, and now there’s only one left. So I use the force push on him and he flies into the wall. Then I use the force pull while Ariel grabs the Triton. I pull him into the Triton and now there is no more aliens attacking Atlantis.

“You girls did it, you saved Atlantis!” King Triton announced, “How may I ever repay you young chosen one?”

“Dad, I think we should let her keep some of her powers.” Ariel suggested.

“That would be awesome, thanks so much for the opportunity. I promise that I will never forget you guys!” I exclaimed.

“Young warrior, we shall be forever in your dept. We will contact you again if we ever need you help again!”

“Just give me another coma!” I joked.

“I will miss you!” Ariel said with a tear in her eye. “You’re my best friend!”

“I’ll miss you too, goodbye!”

Next thing I know I was on a baseball field; there was a red team surrounded around me.

“Andi, you’re finally awake. You’ve been passed out for a couple of hours now. We thought you were dead or in a coma or something. You really scared us.”

“What happened and where’s Ariel?”

“Who’s Ariel, well your probably a little loopy now since you got hit pretty hard in the head with a flying ball.”

“I did?”

“Yes of course, why would we lie?”

“I don’t know. Can you please take me home now?”

“Sure, maybe you should rest a couple of weeks before you play again. We don’t want you to get brain damage.”

“OK.” I replied. As we were leaving the stadium I saw a mermaid on the big screen TV. She winked at me and then I knew that I hadn’t gone crazy. I know that they’ll contact me again soon and I will be able to use my powers all the time. But until then; my work here is done.

I have a book called take 10 for writers and it inspired me with a exercise that gave me the idea to write this! Enjoy

Saphira96 SILVER, Crestwood, Kentucky

I have 3 but here they are:

Please Make comments on what i can improve about my pieces!