Catching Criminals in France | Teen Ink

Catching Criminals in France

May 12, 2021
By Anonymous

It was 2015 and Cameron Breeve was finally getting her trip to Europe after waiting for nearly a year while saving her money. Cameron is adventurous, has green eyes, and has just arrived in France after her flight. “Ugh, now I have to go find my luggage,” she said after getting off the plane. Anyone would be kind of irate after being restless during a seven-hour plane ride. On her way to retrieve her luggage, Cameron notices a wanted poster for a creepy man named Adelmo Johnanssan. “Wow, he stole jewelry from the Antwerp Home of Diamonds! I hope they catch him,” she explains. She quickly finds her luggage but notices that her blue ribbon she tied around the handle is gone. “I guess it fell off when they were loading it onto the plane or this is the wrong bag,” she says. Cameron decided to open it to see if it was hers, but found that the contents inside definitely did not belong to her. “What the heck! Why are there guns and jewelry in this suitcase?”, she exclaims. It was an interesting dilemma to be in.
Cameron decided to bring the suitcase to a European police officer. “It’s a good thing I learned French,” she tells herself. “I think this belongs to Adelmo Johnassen, you know, the criminal everyone is looking for,” she tells him. “Umm, I don’t know about that,” he replied. “Look, I don’t want to get into an argument with you, but I am a detective in training and I’m telling you that this is his. Now we need to set a trap so you can catch him and then help me find my real suitcase.” He seemed startled saying, “Okay, okay, we’ll catch him, but I’m the police officer here, so let me do my job.” They decided to put the suitcase back on the track and wait for their criminal who they hoped would appear soon. Sure enough, some mysterious-looking man reaches for it and dashes off quickly. “Quick, go after him!”, Cameron yells. The officer chases after him with Cameron close behind. “Gotcha!”, she yells after he grabs him and reveals the man from the wanted poster. “I sure hope tomorrow will be this exciting!”, says Cameron. And I’m pleased to say that Adelmo Johnassen was arrested, the jewels were returned to the museum, and Cameron Breeve finally found her suitcase.


The author's comments:

I really enjoyed writing this and hope you enjoy it!