The Mysterious key | Teen Ink

The Mysterious key

I found a key on my lanyard that i've never really seen before. As i went to go ask my mom about the key on my lanyard she called me into the other room. I walked into the living room to

see what she wanted, before I could even say anything she said “I'm going to go run some errands i'll be home later tonight”. As she walked out the door I wasn't sure what to say to try to explain the mystery key on my keychain. She walked out the house and I sat there thinking of what to do next. I walked up stairs to see if maybe I had bought a box or a lock that I may have forgotten about. I got up stairs and started looking around but still couldn't find anything that matched the shape and size of the key. I fell on my bed and let out a big sigh. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a slight light coming from a key hole in my dresser. I got up and walked over to to the drawer and was wondering what it was. “I’ve never seen this drawer before” I said to myself. I looked at the key on the lanyard and looked down at the keyhole and put two and two together. I took the key of the keychain and lanyard and then brought it closer to unlock the drawer when all of a sudden like a magnet the key flew into the keyhole and unlocked it on its own. I flew back onto my bed as someone force pushed me back into it. I got up and slowly walked over to the drawer to see what was in it when all of a sudden I got sucked into it like a portal.

I woke up on what seemed to be a tropical island. I wasn't sure exactly what happened but I knew that if I wasn t home by dinner time my mom was gonna freak. So I started walking around the island to see what was on it. There wasn't much on the island a few animals some palm trees, the beach, and what seemed to be an abandoned hut made out of grass and palm leaves. I wasn't sure how to get home so I figured I mine as well prepare to live here, so I grabbed a stick and took one of the laces off my shoe and grabbed a work out of the dirt and sat on the beach starting to fish. I sat out for a few hours and caught about five fish. I didn't think five fish was very bad especially for the time I was out there so I made a fire so I could cook my fish. It was almost seven o’clock and dinner was usually at eight. I was kinda scared thinking about what if i never went home or saw any of my family again. I finished cooking my fish and sat on the beach admiring the beautiful starry night. “What a weird day.” I thought to myself as I chowed down on my delicious ocean caught fish. Out of nowhere I heard a crack of thunder and looked up at the sky. There was a huge thunderstorm brewing not to far from my camp. I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to stay on the beach all exposed so i started building a raft to find my way home. I gathered a bunch of driftwood, sticks, palm leaves and coconut shells o build my raft with and began constructing it. I started to set sail and as I looked back to where my little camp was set up a huge thunder bolt came down and obliterated what once was my camp. The waves on the ocean were getting really bad and I had almost fallen off the raft twice already. Just up ahead I noticed a huge wave rolling towards me, there was no way I could out maneuver this wave or avoid it. “This is it, This is goodbye.” I said to myself. Just after the huge wave crashed into me and everything went black. I woke up go a shaking sensation and as I opened my eyes I saw my mom and dad standing over me. “Are you ok honey?” the asked. At that moment i knew it was all just a bad dream and that everything was going to be okay.

This piece is in the perspective of a little boy and I just thought that it was an intresting point of view and a fun twisty on the story.