Plate Fighters | Teen Ink

Plate Fighters

By aalayahhh BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
aalayahhh BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

One lonely night around 7pm , thundering and lightning. The power went out , things were dark and they kept getting darker . Shanice was sitting on the bed looking at the black tv screen when jasmine went to the door . “it’s nice how you took my things “ jasmine said angrily. “I’m glad your going back to your house , I had enough “ . Jasmine snatched the wig off Shanice head and walked out the bedroom door .

“What’s all the yelling for “ Jasmine mom yelled .

“Shanice took my things”   “ jasmine said..

“Well get it back “ her mom said .

“great , I can’t “ jasmine said as she was about to cry . Jasmine grabbed a candle and went down to the kitchen . She looks and looks until she find a plate , Shanice was behind her . Jasmine took the plate out the fridge , “give it to me “ shanice said

“ what tip is you on “ jasmine said .

Shanice tried to  take it out of jasmine hand , jasmine wouldn’t let her , they were fighting over the plate and then .

“Stop jasmine “ her mom said .

They still were fighting over the plate, then suddenly there was a knock on the door . “Who is it ?” jasmine mom yelled.

No response . Jasmine mom laughed as was nervously walking to the door.

She turned off the alarm system and went to the door . She still didn’t open the door , she said who is it once again . They didn’t say anything, she opened the door , seen a flash of something black and white ,then suddenly she got hit upside her head with a frying pan.

The mom was unconscious, & jasmine

and shanice was still fighting over the plate. Jasmine noticed her mom unconscious ran over to her and dialed 911. The police & the ambulance came about 12 minutes later . The police asked jasmine questions and jasmine was stuck .

“you don’t know what happened ?” the cop asked.

“ no “ jasmine responded .

The ambulance pulled off , and so did the cops . Jasmine was still stuck in the house with shanice . “Haha i love being in here with you “ Jasmine said stomping up the steps .” i feel the same way “ shanice said . The power began to come back on , and shanice began saying stuff . Jasmine was so mad she just had to punch shanice in the mouth.

Shanice mom came

“what happened to you ? “she said .

“jasmine “ Shanice said.

“Now let’s get out of here” .  

shanice finally arrived at her own home and got ready for bed . Jasmine was still in the house by herself …

I am a high school student and I wrote this for a class.