Who i am (active leader ) | Teen Ink

Who i am (active leader )

By imalulquan BRONZE, Sacramento, California
imalulquan BRONZE, Sacramento, California

you must be the change you wish to see in the world

Clumsy falling from a balcony  landing on my back knockin the wind out of me hitting my head going into a coma hearing stuff but cant move my body this is my life . My name is marquan davis but i go as lul quan  i am a son of a loving mother a basketball player which runs in the family. However, I've always seen myself as an active person like Steph Curry, my favorite player. I've broken the rules to goals but I felt like I already made it to the personal ones, seeing another day to do what I like. My mom is the most important part of my life. Of course my favorite hobby is basketball. It's my way to be myself and reach another part of my goals. Yeah, we all have goals but do we try to reach them or go through the process?  Therefore, I am active because . . . i do everything im suppose to do 

My mom is the most important part of my life because I am slacking off on success to make her happy. For example missing work, forgetting to clean, not going hard enough, not trying, not giving it my all in basketball and I still slack a lil till this day. However, because I'm older I want to do more but I won't be able to do so until I gotta do what I gotta do. My mom's goal was for me to have a 3.0 and higher, also a leader and not a follower but as i got older following certain people would get you success. 

My favorite lifestyle is me playing basketball with my brothas growing up there out of the years having fun and wanting to be better. Thought  a day would never come where we had to play against each other because we have been teamets since 3rd grade. Every since we played each other i went harder showing him i wanted the win more than him letting nothing distract me basketball has been my hobby since i was able to play but as i get older i'm seeing i wouldn't reach what i want as the nba because i'm short but its not gone faze the fact i still wanna have fun and hoop and smile. 

In the future I want to be someone who someone can look up to and have  wealth. For example, I want to buy a penthouse, buy my mom a house and a lil maid or some to take care of her throughout the years when she gets older. I want to be a construction worker or something that will pay me good money for my back up plans as I see my dream is being in the NBA with all the stable people probably by the time i get there, Lebron James will retire. I wanna reach the millions who know how not having a family winning the lottery just wanna get there where I can sit, relax and have my own stores and invest to add up on the millions I already have.

As a follower I will follow certain people  to success to get where i wanna be yea people say don't be a follower be a leader but what's wrong with a follower? Yea it can lead to trouble but what about the good following step by step to get where you wanna be i follow the ones who help which in my head is a leader helping people to get money get a stable job help the ones who need it those are my leaders doing right from wrong but we all make mistakes. 

This actively demonstrate as i'm an active leader.

me playing basketball with my brothas growing up there out of the years having fun and wanting to be better. Thought  a day would never come where we had to play against each other because we have been teamets since 3rd grade