Suffering To Live Better | Teen Ink

Suffering To Live Better

By IanDLC BRONZE, Sacramento, California
IanDLC BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"A todo a su tiempo"

A friend once told me “ A todo A su tiempo”. Now who am I? My name is Ian, I am A student and an athlete who has huge goals. I see myself as a goal chaser and continue to add new goals as I achieve and grow. My mother is what makes me the person I am today. My favorite sport to play is soccer and is one of the best sports. As I see my self achieving, I also see my self setting higher goals to improve, and to push myself to aim higher.  Therefore, who I am is a goal chaser who has big dreams.

The most important person who made me who I am is my mom. For example she told me to stay focused, to work hard every day. She once told me “I couldn’t do any of this when I was your age”. I used it as motivation to keep chaing my goals to one day make it come true. As the days pass, she still motivates me and helps me with the things I need done. She helped me realize that anything is possible and I should set my goals as high as possible to reach them as im growing.

My favorite sport to play is soccer, because I can escape from all of my other problems going on in life. For example when im on the field training or at a game, all my problems vanish due to its high intentsity. Although when playing the sport, other problems may occur due to its stressful training. I fell in love with sport due to it being a close resemblance to me, the hard work, and the dedication I have to play.

In the future, A profession I will pursue is playing professional soccer in the MLS or in europe. For example in order to make it work, I will work hard everyday and for countless hours to achieve it. Another thing I see in the future is retiring my mom and grandma due to both of them playing a huge part in helping me achieve my goals. I would like to see my brother making it to the highest level of playing professional soccer.

All of these things, make me who I am today. I am grateful to have accompsihed most of goals and to also keep growing as a person. I play the sport I love and have a passion for, I have grown a lot playing the sport and it has made more disciplined and hard-working. A quote by one of the best goalkeepers “ You can plan, but what happens on a soccer field cannot be predicted”. I believe that this quote has alot to do with life because we can plan but its not always going to be that outcome.

One goal I have is to join the school varsity soccer team, as well as to play professional soccer

A Dream I have is to retire my mom and play soccer professionally.