Kindness into My Future | Teen Ink

Kindness into My Future

By NathanX7008 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
NathanX7008 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Frank Sinatra once said “The best revenge is massive success''. My name is Nathan and I’m a 10th grader. I love tennis, volleyball, my family and friends.  I want to achieve my goals and make my family proud. My goal in life is to buy my family a house because they are my everything, they are the ones who push me in life and I want to make them proud. Therefore, allowing them to live without worrying about bills is my goal. Their number 1 lesson was to always be kind to people because that’s how you will make it in life. I can show my kindness through cooking, and sports, helping my family. And therefore, I am a kind person. 

Cooking is something that I can show my kindness through because nothing is more important than making the person you are feeding full of delicious food. For example every night I cook dinner for my family and I always make enough so everyone can have at least a second because I want them to feel my kindness. I always bring something home-cooked to my family’s potluck because they should taste something made with my kindness. My favorite dish to make for potlucks is sushi bake and it usually gets finished after the party. With cooking, I could share my kindness with the people I meet.

Sports are essential to me because that’s how I made most of my friends. Having similar interests always helps build relationships because it’s something I can talk about with new people I meet. Even though I am kind and respectful in a tennis game, I won't be afraid to play aggressively because I can be competitive. For example, when I play with my friends I’m respectful but I’m competitive so I’ll win. I’ve improved a lot in tennis by playing with good people while being respectful and kind toward them. And as always, the only way to make friends is to be kind. 

In the future, I want to keep living in Sacramento and buy a house for my parents. Making sure my parents are living without caring about money is my goal in life because they sacrificed so much for me.  I would also buy my dad his dream truck which is the 2006 Toyota Tundra because he just loved it so much before he crashed it. My dad is my inspiration to keep pushing in life and provide for my family and I would like to do so and make him proud. To do so I want to do something that I love and will continue to do for the rest of my life. Something that includes helping the masses or the economy is my dream. 

To conclude, I am a kind person and want to make my family proud. I will continue to share my kindness through food, make many more friends through sports, and help my family who will always be there for me. In the future, I will make sure my family doesn’t have to worry about money and make my family happy. That is why I am a kind person and will make my future happen.

I've learned kindness is the best way for someone to remember me.