What is Life? | Teen Ink

What is Life?

By SallyAudrey SILVER, Akim Oda, Other
SallyAudrey SILVER, Akim Oda, Other

The meaning of life is “freedom from suffering” that is, being objective and having "clear judgment", not indifference.

Life is a concept in biology. It is about the characteristics, state, or mode that separates a living thing from dead matter. Life is meaningful, they say, but its value is made by us in our minds, and subject to change over time.The happiness in your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. In positive psychology, a meaningful life is a construct having to do with the purpose, significance, fulfillment, and satisfaction of life. While specific theories vary, there are two common aspects: a global schema to understand one's life and the belief that life itself is meaningful. Life will always seem hard when we hinge our happiness on others. Whether that's a spouse or a friend or someone else, happiness is not sourced from other people; it comes from within or on their overall happiness. Even worse, when that person makes your life more difficult, it's hard to keep your sanity. Don’t compare your suffering to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.  One difficult and painful thing that happen in life is that, the most betrayal and hurt comes from not your enemies but the ones you loved and cared for. In order to move on in life, you must be willing to let go of whatever isn’t useful, because it will continue to weigh and bring you down as long as you hold on to it. We all feel things slightly differently. Therefore we all suffer slightly differently. Stop measuring how much of a right you have to feel bad and just let yourself feel bad. Identify the feeling you’re having at a point in time in order to know how to cope with situations the best way. If it is anger, you could simply keep quiet or pay no attention in order to avoid arguments or even saying something that’s going to hurt the feelings of the latter since that wouldn’t be a pretty nice thing to do. And if it’s jealousy, just try not to say anything about what you’re jealous of. Like telling a friend the color of her dress is ugly or her dress is simply old fashioned when all the others are speaking nice of it. That simply would be clear that you’re jealous.

Life is a journey that has to be experienced. Life has its own ups and downs. Life is such that, no matter how good and loving you’ll be, there’ll be people to hate you. No matter how many times you risk your life to save theirs, they’ll betray you when they get the chance. Life is full of all categories of people including selfish and selfless people, honest and dishonest people, dormant and enthusiastic people. In life, selfish people only think of you when you are doing something for them. There are always three solutions to every problem in life: accept it, change it or leave it. If you can’t accept it, change it. If you can’t change it, leave it. In life, hard times always reveal true friends. People are not beautiful for the way they look, walk or talk. They are beautiful for the way they love, care and share. Rivers never go reverse. Life is about giving and taking. Don’t give bad and expect good in return. Don’t see the worst in a person and expect them to see the best in you. You cannot expect to give hate and receive love. So if you’re willing to see positive change in life you must be willing to be that change yourself. Life reflects what you give or bring. If you think that life is being unfair, then it’s about time you realized your actions are the reason. You cannot go back and make corrections but you can’t change towards the future and the present. Such is life so you move forward, forget your past and focus on your future. To be old and wise, one must be young and stupid.