Beautiful Disaster | Teen Ink

Beautiful Disaster MAG

By Lioness_Eyes, placentia, California
Lioness_Eyes, Placentia, California

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

The idea for this piece is that the girl feels like she doesn't live up to the world's standard of beauty. (I don't think the picture conveys the message very well, however, so I may redraw this piece.)

Similar images

This art has 59 comments.

AsianAl SILVER said...
AsianAl SILVER, Sacramento, California

You are who you are, and that makes you original. Keep being yourself and never change. And even if you do, then I'm sure that the new you is better than the first.

What I'm saying is this, nice art and it's very original. Good description too about the character.

AsianAl SILVER said...
AsianAl SILVER, Sacramento, California

Instead of doing something traditional..........you did something original!!!

Miranda_K. BRONZE, Donora, Pennsylvania

I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do something I can do.

~ Edward E. Hale

I love every element of this.

The concept is powerful. The art work is amazing. The colors are stunning. There is nothing wrong with this.

sherrinford SILVER, Hong Kong, Other

People die all the time.

I'm surprised nobody as mentioned your roses at the background. They're beautiful. The colors in the hair are amazing too. So diverse and yet they all come together wonderfully. The shadings on the skin are very subtle too, a touch of yellow here and there. The eyes, good God, are gorgeous. Look at the irises and the eyelashes! Well done.

Just one thing, the expression is a bit vague. Maybe you can do something with the eyes to bolden her face and make it more intense? Perhaps you made it vauge on purpose. But it's nothing to fret about. The emotions are the hardest to capture in any face.

Please keep up with your watercolors! I enjoy them very much. :)

3va101 said...
3va101, Boston, Massachusetts

~When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams.~Dr Seuss~
~ Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime.~Bette Davis
~ To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~Heather Cortez~

i don't know why once i started looking at your work i became soooo inspired! each of your work has so much meaning to it + they are beautiful!

PenelopePlease BRONZE, St. Joseph, Minnesota

Everything happens for a reason.

Thanks, I'll be sure to include a link. :)

Lioness_Eyes said...
Lioness_Eyes, Placentia, California

Albert Einstein

Thanks for asking :) I'd much rather you ask than I just see it somewhere and no idea who put it there. Go right ahead and use it. Please make sure to include a click-through link to this TeenInk page. :)

Everything happens for a reason.

I would love to use this in my new blogger - I ♥ Pentacles - with your permission., of course. I'm posting something on Aradia, an Italian witch, and thought this picture was perfect. Please consider. :)

byebye said...
byebye, Nevermore, Other
This is so beautiful. The facial structures and shading are well defined yet subtle. I love your work!

sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
like a sunshine 

Nayanika said...
Nayanika, Vindhyanagar, Other

wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

aur sunshine,how's ur life?? 

sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
i am sooo agreeingwith u this is par excellence

sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
this is amazing and the most beautiful part of it is the theme is as beautiful as the arttttt

KelcieRyan BRONZE, Mammoth Cave, Kentucky

"If all my friends were to jump off a bridge I wouldn't jump off with them. I would already be at the bottom to catch them"

Wow........ This is beautiful! You have some talent..... Alot of talent. :)

YoAyeJay BRONZE, Ontario, California
1 article 1 photo 4 comments
This is beautiful. When I clicked on this picture and it enlarged itself, it completely took my breath away. <3

LakeSide said...
LakeSide, Avon Lake, Ohio

i wish i could boldly go where no mans gone before....but ill probably just stay here.

this is just beyond great. i love all your work but this is my favorite! :)

JustineD said...
JustineD, Seattle, Washington

Wow, a very beautiful piece. I also love the message that this is trying to convey. Women (and girls) today seem to be constanatly influenced by America's materialism and the media. 'If you don't have this kind of body you're not beautiful', 'if you don't wear makeup you're not worth it'. Even things like how much body hair you have or whether there are braces in your mouth has become a point of controversy. It's great that someone expressed this in a watercolor as pretty as this. :)

Oh, and I love all of your work. I just flipped through it. This piece jumped out to me, because of the title and Im glad I was able to view it. ^.^

Fife-Tefe BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Duh... I love you. <3 and trying to explain why is like trying to explain how water taste, COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE!

Thats wonderfull

jeremylovesjordan, Fort Mill, South Carolina

seize the moment, because tomorrow you might be dead:)-Buffy the vampire slayer!

Oh wow! this is purdy! i love it!

Wordscantsay BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
1 article 1 photo 74 comments

When she was just a girl she expected the world. But it flew away from her reach, so she ran away in her sleep...
- Coldplay

I love the eyes.so bright!!